my Pred Roberts front facade

S

Shataan

I was gonna carve mine outta foam, but decided to get a front facade, and hope it won`t be as much work. Just recieved this today. And am pretty happy with it. Very nice thick pull. And detailed.

xs.to/xs.php?h=xs77&d=061...age007.jpg

Word has it that SeaHunter and Mortal Immortal are getting the full Paul Roberts suit. I think they will be amazing, and very happy with them. Now, I gotta find a bodysuit and order some latex. ;0)

A

alpha pred

Looks bad ass man! Is the tape on the mannequin so the latex doesnt stick? I put baby powder all over mine.. the tape looks like a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Shataan

Thx. Yeah. I put a bit of tape in a coupla spots to keep it on the dummy. It sticks a bit to the latex. But it comes off ok. I washed the powder off so it took a better detailed picture. But will put a bit back on cause I hear thats a good way to store latex.

The dummy itself is my ducttape dummy. So yeah its covered in ducttape. ;p

S

SeaHunterr

Gary,
Be glad you got the facade, the full suit, in my opinion is not workable as a predator suit. Once you add armor and everything, about all you will be able to do is stand there....as he advertises..a photo op suit. It will take ALOT of work to get this full suit version usable, if at all.
Wish me luck.

W

waynes manners

I have a couple of those facades and even those will have to be worked on to be more "movement friendly"! They are great suits, nicely sculpted and well cast...nice beefy latex w/o being too thick but, I plan on cutting them at the waist since Paul sculpted them to his specs and he is like 6" 4" tall. The ones I have have full arms to the wrist and legs to the ankles.
Also I plan to cut them at the shoulders,elbows and knees so that once mounted to a lycra unitard when you move your arms and legs that they won't appear to buckle.
Another tip I got from a brother at the BOTB, is to fill the rear of the torso musculature to prevent buckling. I filled mine with black 3M caulk. It took about 4 tubes but if you press against the pecs or abs there is some substance there, although it DOES add to the overall weight of the facade.
The belt and armor should hide all the cuts, especially after the entire suit is latexed and painted. Plus, the netting will distract the eye from spying any cuts at the joints.
I had planned on starting that this week but mounting it is not really a one man job so I have to get an extra pair of hands to assist.

Shawn

S

Shataan

Hyas all. Just got back from a week in Hawaii. Sorry to hear that your suit Gene... is gonna require some tender lovin to get it up to parr. I think you can do it tho. Keep at it. Got any screens of the actual suit as shipped?

Yeah Waynes, I too have to cut mine at the waist, and remove prolly about 2 or 3 inches. Mine as well is only the front portion. And I will be needing to foamfill mine to decrease that buckling you talk about.

My trip set back my "Pred suit parts" buying for about 2 months. lol A bit more expensive than I initially thought it`d be. Didn`t find any bodysuits there, so I gotta order off ebay. Thats my next thing. Get 2 bodysuits, and a Gallon of Monster Makers firm mask latex.