My pred suit --WIP--

Macguyver

Blooded
Added the second layer (or first layer of orange). My lighting sucks, but the color is actually light orange and not pink :) , even though it looks like it.

-I might have a problem, IDK though? I applied the very first layer of Createx paint yesterday and was done by 7:30pm. Today I licked my finger and rubbed the suit with a little pressure and some of the paint came off (in inconspicuous areas). Will this be fixed after the Perma-Wet is added or have I done something wrong? Please help!

IDK why this is happening but it could be from a few different things. It could be the paint was applied a bit too thick in some areas or it might simply just be due to the fact that you licked your finger before you rubbed it on the suit since Createx paints are water based. Sealing it up w/ PermaWet will take care of this issue. So until you finish the rest of the painting process & get it sealed w/ PermaWet, try to avoid these urges of rubbing the painted areas of the suit.
 

jaded

Blooded
Okay, I have an update of sorts: I had applied my paints incorrectly and had to remove them, but it didn't hurt the latex at all, so that isn't as bad as I had expected (live and learn). As for the mask, the layers that are already on there are fine and I'm not going to remove them, but rather wait to catch my Mr. I suit back up to the same stage as the mask (to help keep the colors as coordinated as possible). Some really cool news is that I am getting some P2 feet from Casey (thanks man!), so that will look really good and after I receive them I am going to try and find a pair of platform shoes to help with my height.

As far as armor and weaponry goes, I have decided to make the shoulder pieces resemble those of the P1, I am going to make the Borg style chest armor, the backpack and cannon will resembles Wolf's, the leg armor and gaunts will most likely be closer to the AVP style. I did find an awesome belt at Harbor Freight and Tool. It's a carpenter's belt with a soft comfort strap (which looks cool and won't rub the paint and latex off). I plan on making engravings (probably some symbols) and adding a buckle to the front and of course painting/staining it to a different color. The armor isn't in any way coordinated, but I am hoping it will look very unique and original once it is finished and all painted. Please, any comments, thoughts, and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks and enjoy

Here are some "mock-up" pics of what I have so far:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jaded

Blooded
Yay! Some update pics.....

I still think the pics look pink, but are really orange in person. I am going back and fourth on the suit and the head to help keep the colors matched. The next layers will be a darker orange (maybe mixed with a hint of brown, IDK yet), the spots, and a transparent color cover. I am waiting on some P2 feet from Biohunter76, but we think he may be back in the hopsital....I don't know if anyone's confirmed this yet (I hope not though).......Oh yeah, I gotta order some hands too, but that isn't a problem either. Let me know what ya think and enjoy!!

Over the weekend I re-applied the color after my first mis-hap and I this is what it looks like:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jaded

Blooded
No, no foam. I just stuffed it with newspaper to hold the form while it gets painted. She is fully wearable (as long as my huge noggin can fit in it :) )
 

Macguyver

Blooded
Looks like you're back on the right track and it appears to be coming along well for ya.

Remember the colors will always end up looking a bit darker once dry on latex surfaces. That's probably the reason why your paint scheme turned out looking more like pink than orange. You might want to try adding a few drops of Opaque White into your premixed colors to help compensate for this, but you should still always test out your paints on a small inconspicious area prior to using on the rest of the suit.

Looking forward to seeing where you go from here. Keep those pics coming! :)
 

punhulk

Hunter
looks good jaded keep up the good work seems you ahead of me now with your latex mask mine still is just prepped :)
 

jaded

Blooded
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

MacGuyver- Yeah, I have been trying to test the paint on the back bottom side of the leg and it seems to be bonding well also. I am really happy with it so far. Thanks for the advice man!
 

jaded

Blooded
Since my last post I have added a few more layers of color and this is where I am as of Friday night. Although my damn camera takes crappy pics, the orange is now like a "dark pumpkin color" and I am really happy with it. I am 98% sure that I will start to tackle the spots on both the body and head tomorrow. As always, all comments and thoughts are appreciated, thanks!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jaded

Blooded
Made some more changes to the paint scheme of my mask before the spots are added. I am trying for a tiger-ish feel without losing the predator look. So here is what I got:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BANE

Blooded
that looks simple put, awesome. great job on all asspects of your suit. now i must say this has some what put me into starting on my suit. thanx for the info, the pics, and your time as well in doing this tut. congrats.
 

jaded

Blooded
SPOTS, SPOTS, and more SPOTS!! Thought I would add a little excitement to the opening sentence :unsure: Anywho, last night I added the first layer of spots to the ol'boy and I think they turned out pretty good. I plan on starting the black spots later today. I am in no way the best airbrush artist, but they will do. Well I gotta go, I am heading out to see Ironman again baby, YES!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jaded

Blooded
Thanks guys and gals. I just got back from Ironman (better every time) and I am getting ready to get started on the black spots.
 
Top