My Predator Skin Build

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Kryptaos, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

So I have decided to build a Predator suit for Halloween this year... This is going to be my first time crafting a skin and I am quite excited to learn how to work with liquid Latex.

2. ksj

ksj Unblooded

I think the process is you first get a body mould of yourself via paper mache/ plaster of paris, then you pour mould to get a casting of yourself. The kicker is if your build changes much you are kind of hosed once you finish the suit. Also factor in some active cooling via a shirt. I made mention of some modifications that could help make the suit wearable for longer periods in my thread. If I get into costuming too much more, I will need to invest in a good cooling setup so I can make ultra realistic costumes.

Shogun likes this.
  3. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

I have a plain black shirt and pants that I plan to use. I want to sculp the muscles from foam and completely cover everything in liquid Latex and possibly Plasti-Dip

Shogun likes this.
  4. turboedbug

turboedbug Blooded

Sounds like alot of fun. Make sure u provide lots of pics!

5. ksj

ksj Unblooded

Yes, and provide what materials you used and why. Media (paints and cloth) keeps changing here the past few years so there are a lot of new options on the market now.

6. ksj

ksj Unblooded

OK, I found out that plasti dip and regular cloth don't mix well. However attached is the photo of Liquitex Acrylic paint on my hand. As per the wrestlers I talk to they all use liquitex paint for their face paint. It comes off with simple soap and water.

Due to time factors I can't cast my hand and then do a liquid latex glove overlay. Work gloves with the pictured item will be what I do this time around. With latex the secret is layering.

IMG_0138.jpg

7. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

I'm starting on the feet, I'm hoping to go out and buy green upholstery foam at Joann's for the body today IMG_20170702_124555_901.jpg

8. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

Updated feet
    IMG_20170702_185920_647.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  9. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

resourceful bro :)

10. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

I bought some of this stuff to sculpt the body with, I'm using this post as a reference for how to make the suit (I don't plan to do the duct-tape mummy bit)

IMG_20170705_115802_773.jpg

11. ksj

ksj Unblooded

I was going to go with sandals, were wolf claws applied to my toe nails, paint my toes black and my foot blood red. I have a coated and painted foam overlay on the sandals. I was trying to shoot for a semi comic book accurate build.

12. Kryptaos

Kryptaos Unblooded

The feet and the torso (the torso pic is not the most recent)

IMG_20170812_074608_899.jpg

IMG_20170731_131931_386.jpg

Jmen likes this.