Mythbusters Bust Thermal Vision

D

darkenism

Anyone else see mythbusters tonight? Seems mud doesnt work so well in tricking thermal vision... a sheet of glass works best... but then again...they didnt try it in the jungle

S

sinister70

I've no idea what mythbusters is, I guess it's a T.V. show. But interesting info non the less. I guess that the makers of Predator didn't really want Arnie poncing around the jungle with a sheet of glass.

D

darkenism

they didnt try jungle mud...maybe different mud/different properties..... who knows...there is always a way

C

Crazy Clayer

my world will never be the same, I was like 100% sure a thin layer of wet mud would make me invisible if I ever ran into the predator.

Y

YautjaWan

The deceit!!! I hereby call for a boycott of future pred movies until we are apologised to!

P

pirkleations

I tried the "mud-pack" thing in the girl's shower room in High School. It didn't work out very well.

DangerDavey

C

CyberPred

Why do you assume that the Thermal Vision Technology predators use is the same as our Technology?

Cary

P

PredatoRob

Originally posted by CyberPred

Why do you assume that the Thermal Vision Technology predators use is the same as our Technology?
Thank you!! I've thought the same exact thing. If anything it'd be millions of years beyond our thermal technology and equipment. Also, I think it'd react differently; I.E. why the Predator couldn't see Arnold because he was covered in mud.

K

kithunter

I get my thermal vision mixed up with my xray vision, It all depends on which bio i'm using at that given time

sometimes i get really screwed up and i combine the 2, then i have thermal xray vision. and i burn everything in sight. No wait .....ughhh nevermind....

I saw it last night

D

darkenism

that jungle mud is some serious stuff... its made of the meteor vaporized remains of the dinosaurs...and imbued with their power

T

The Xcalibor

wtf are you talking about. remains of dinosaurs and imbued with their powers? Im confused, lol.

Im with Rob and Carey, its a different thermal technology, and this isn't back yard mud, its mud that has been by the river bank and having silt and all that crap being deposited in it and continually packed sifted and repacked. Its extremely dense stuff that would actually mask heat very well. I know because we actually did a study of it in botany class two years ago. So myth busters can go blow. LOL.

And as for the imbued dynosaur powers, whatever, thats just weird, LOL. PEACE

KEITH

D

darkenism

sorry...i was just trying to see my new banner.... but i just had a thought...what if it was like volcanic mud?? that stuff has glass particles in it.... the mythbusters used regular dirt from outside i think...

...arnold was covered in that sticky grey mud like the kind left after a mudpuddle dries up

K

kithunter

Yo darkenism,
I can see your banner all the way from New Jersey, kick it down a few notches....please.

ok now you guys are turning uber geeky on us.

everyone knows the dinos are alive and well in jurrasic park...some people

D

darkenism

ok i shrunk it...now its the same height as predatorobs....and i shrunk my lettering too...i think that was the main factor