Neca 1/4 Predator 2 Repaint In Progress

Discussion in 'Predator Models, Statues and Figures' started by AliceTyson, Feb 3, 2014.

1. TRI LASER

TRI LASER Hunter

You should do what I did with my 1:1 scale bio mesh. Paint it black then lightly dry brush some silver over it. Much better effect. Also if you really want to be accurate the original has some of the copper/gold colour on it as well. Only slightly. :)  

2. AliceTyson

AliceTyson Unblooded

Here are a few teasers of the interior.  Still have to finish the tweaks to the exterior, as well as cast a few more detail pieces for the interior.  It doesn't look too great as is, but I think it'll really pop once I get a finished cast painted up.

Mold_zps21ef7cc0.jpg

Here's a picture I took of the interior of the mouth portion of the mask.  There was a little more cleaning and tweaking before I made the mold.

Mouth_zps2a6ed185.jpg

3. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

This is one of the greatest builds I've ever followed, I'm anticipating the outcome big time!

4. AliceTyson

AliceTyson Unblooded

Well, I finished the mold, and set upon the task of trying my hand at actually pulling some casts.  First attempt was a total bust.  Nothing came of it but a gloppy pile of resin.  Second pull was an improvement, but there were so many air bubbles it wasn't worth cleaning.  Especially the inside detail which was largely rendered non existent.  The third, and final for now, pull was a minor success.  After tweaking the mold I managed to get 98% of the air bubbles out, but, for some reason I can't understand, a portion of the top of the bio just didn't take any of the resin at all.

Here are a few pics of the second and third pulls.I'm sure you can tell them apart.  The cleaner third pull still doesn't have all of the inside details added, since they're going to be cast as separate pieces, and I haven't made the molds for them yet.

Also, notice that I greatly adjusted and improved the shape and corners of the eye slots to better resemble the actual movie prop.  Kinda hard to see, but once there's a painted copy the differences will be more than apparent.

13D99276-3844-465A-BDC1-87CFF456CC30_zpsdig7yeee.jpg

13544F07-BEA3-4921-84BE-5EA40B8598DF_zpsq4lgjkaw.jpg

EDC022AE-52A8-4D35-80AF-0D91440188AE_zpsnlroenui.jpg

C86920EC-6345-4116-9845-86C121C691D6_zpsdemzcy12.jpg

A38970DC-204E-4D30-BB75-6D323BE071F7_zps6zngrnva.jpg

44D8ACE5-3BA4-4776-8E61-A4C88B7037A2_zpswf594mjx.jpg

DA71E216-2036-4C6C-92B6-B0C14EDA1901_zpsa59kugx6.jpg

5. Theacientone

Theacientone Unblooded

Did you just make a 2 piece mold? Did you have an air spout? If so I had the same problem the only solution I found is make a few trash ones and see exactly how much resin you need for one and only mix a hair more. To cast it with no bubbles sprinkle baby powder on both halfs shake off excess then the half of the mold that is the bulkier half looks like yours is like mine and that's the front of the mask or outside. Then poor all the resin into that half slowly then lay the other half of the mold down into it. Press it together starting with the chin portion up to the back of the mask and flick the outside of the mold to move the air bubbles to the spout I use an electric toothbrush as well the vibrations work to move the bubbles around. If your still having problems drill or cut another air spout in a spot you can clean up easily. Hope this helps.

6. kris knave

kris knave Unblooded

Awesome work

7. Lowdmekon

Lowdmekon Hunter

Cracking matie

8. Yautja1203

Yautja1203 Blooded

ok, u need to add me... i modified myself the mask and fully repainted the same figure...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7kkOpVCzI here's the link if u wanna see it... great work what u do man..

9. Python

Python Blooded

Any progress on this great repaint?

TRI LASER likes this.
  10. Lowdmekon

Lowdmekon Hunter

Nice hijack.

11. Fayne

Fayne Blooded

dude, I'll bet my son would love doing this to some toys.... um I mean reference figures :)