Neck Seal

A

AlienHunter

Hey all! Does anyone here make or know where to find a good movie accurate neck seal? Those stormtrooper ones just don't seem to cut it (they're too straight up and down & not enough 'ribs').

H

Hunterpred210

I would just scuplt it out of clay mold it then make a pull out of latex. Attach it to your bodysuit then if you have a Predator mask take some fabric. Attach the fabric to the bottom of the mask then the other end to the neck seal...so when you turn your head in the mask it wont pull the neck seal the fabric leaves enough room to turn your head. I suppose if you needed a foam neck seal you could do it but i think latex would do just fine.

P

predatom

Here's something to ponder. I saw this on a Japanese site. Don't know where the cast came from. But if my memory doesn't fail me his neck seal does come under his chin too. Not that far. Check out that wrap around the back.

Last edited by a moderator:

kithunter

Elite Hunter
Man that looks tight!!!! i like the neck seal going up the back of the head piece like that, i guess only because it cuts down on the amount of dreds needed

G

gbscout

guys.

I use a neck seal for my Stormtrooper. Its made from material sewn with piping in it, making it ribbed. theits done up with a velcro fasning. ill take a pic and post.

maybe any other 501st guys could help.

lee

P

predmandb

I have one i dont know how movie accurate it is email me at gameradb@aol.com for a pic if your interested.

H

Halo Predator

DB, aren't your neckseals based off the Billiken Pred designs? If so, they look pretty accurate to me...

Like Lee, I'm thinking of using my Trooper Neckseal for the moment. It's really comfortable and was built to my necksize. If anyone's looking for that alternative, you seek Chris B.

Good luck!

Tim.

P

predmandb

Yes! My neck seal is based off the billikin kit! It works pretty well because its gets wider towards the base!

P

predator314

This was easy and cheap to do. I made mine with windshild wiper tubing,3/8 diameter. I cut the pieces to lenth, glued them with Household Goop and used black felt for a backing so it wouldn't grab against the painted neck but could still hide where the edges met. it also was adorned with brass segments for some accents instead of painting them on. They fit perfectly and still alllow for the head to move freely. I matched it up to a DB headpiece. really complimentd the greens in the paint scheme nice. This version doesn't spread out when it meets the chest but looks great either way. I can add a picture just tell me who to send it to for posting.

L

ladyt11

I have made many different kinds. My sugestion is to take Tubing with size you want or you can use Electrical Power Cord. Glue the pieces together. Make a Slush Mould out of Plaster and Pour until your hearts content out of latex.

Hope this helps.

Cary