Need HELP (costume in progress)

R

Raven

Hey Guys and Girls,
Just want to thank all of you for the tips and support on my earlier post. I managed to land a cheap bio and mask from ebay, but I decided to do a little more to it before passing it along to my brother. By the way, I also started a project myself. I got pics of the progress on both. I made them the same because I thought it would be easier. Anyway, i need some feedback from you guys on what I can do to make my efforts more effective. Also, I feel a little sheepish about this, I am making a full costume for my brother to display, and I was wondering if anyone had anything extra they could donate to help me build the full costume. If not, can someone help me with ideas on armour and pred skin. I really appreciate all the posts for my last topic. You guys truly are awesome. I am blessed to know the few of you I do. Anyway, hope to hear back from you guys. If someone can help me add pics I need that too. Thanks.
Ravenlink=viewmorepics.myspace.com/...1363264307]viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=124707459&imageID=1363264307[/link]

R

Raven

ok, now that I got the pics up, what can I do to improve the mask, and what can I do to make a body costume look somewhat realistic??? Any help would be nice.

T

The Big Gunns

I think you need more dreads to completely cover up the Rubies. Are they backer rod?
If so.. try pulling on the dreads to make them more straight.

The easiest and cheapest way to make a mannequin
is to make a duct tape dummy of yourself. Here is a link on how to.
The dummy is necessary to stretch the fabric for latexing.
Then after that you can buy a Mr. Incredible muscle suit.
Then buy a gallon of latex and some white paint. Mix the white paint with the latex
(this will kill the red color) and apply with a sponge roller (several layers).
The Mortal Immortal did a great job
with one of these.. this is what his looked like after:
Predator006.jpg

The other way is to buy a mens spandex suit
(which cost about the same as the Mr. Incredible suit). Maverick118 did.
Then you latex over the whole thing.

Either way.. you are going to spend about
$200 for the supplies, shipping, etc. Hope this helps.
~Mel

K

keefer649

Hey Raven, off to a good start! Thats the same mask I used as a base, although I ditched the bio. I would suggest as Mel said, add some more backer rods, and try to straighten them out a bit, they look to be hanging a little too far out. I would also suggest to remove that elastic strap that holds the bio on, and use magnets or velcro to hold it on instead. Looks much better without the strap. Good luck!

R

Raven

Thanks so much guys. That helps out a bunch. I'll keep yu posted about the progress as it develops.

B

blk n blu dream

Just for clarification, the best magnets are "earth magnets", they are really strong, though you may not need the strength for the Rubies bio.

B

blk n blu dream

If those dreads are backer rods then I would recommend to either use a heat gun or gas stove top (I've done both, but BE CAREFUL) to straighten them and also it melts the outside and makes them smoother. Dont get them too hot though, you should be able to see the texture change fairly quickly. It also helps to round the tips a bit. I always thought that the Rubies bio would look a lot better with different mesh or even a mirrored sunglass lense in them.

If you dont want to mess with latex, you can get one of those lycra/spandex suits and airbrush or even sponge paint it with the paint you get from monstermakers. if you sponge it on it will give a thin layer of latex to cover up the fabric. If it's a display item it shouldnt be a big deal as long as it is taken care of. **If anyone finds anything wrong with my ideas, please say something.