NEED HELP WITH QUILLS!!!!

D

darkenism

ok so i went to michaels art store today and got some bake n bend sculpey to make quills with......but once i make them how do i attach them? glue? poke holes?
DSCF0460.jpg
PredatorBestShot.jpg
jwpredator.jpg

i have the rubies halloween mask....which ive added more dreds to... and i just ordered some backer rod to switch out my craptastic dreds and add more high quality dreds...so ill need some help with that when they arrive... ill also be switching the the copper color scheme this year... so anyone with any paint tips/reccomendations please share info..

P

pirkleations

Actually, do both.

Poke some holes for the quills and then use super glue or other strong, clear adhesive to lock them in place.

DangerDavey

N

NibsFlibble

Shoe Goo is another good type of glue that is flexible and won't crack. Great for latex to latex gluing.

Your costume is really coming along nicely!!!!

P

PredatoRob

Do you have access to a dremmel? You could always make little holes for the quills and the adhesive. I've heard nothing but good things about shoe goo, and back in my skater days I used it to... you guessed it, glue up my shoes. I bought the wrong kinda sculpey for quills a while back. Sucked too, all it would take is the slightest touch and they'd snap in half. Bah!