Need some accurate info on this sculpture.

S

Savage Yautja

I've had these pics for quite a while but I still don't recall who first posted them and had recently added the hands and feet to the sculpt. Does anyone know who made this? Dwayne thought it might me a Morris sculpt. Otherwise I'm hoping the sculptures in the background will help narrow the field of possible sculptors. Whoever it is this is awesome work! Looks lie a perfect Hellboy Christopher Reeve as Superman and a young Sean Connery on the shelf. Any ideas?

[url="http://

D

DonnieDarko688

Wow dude that is an amazing sculpt, that seriously had to take a lifetime to make.

Y

yautja clone

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure thats the work of Howard S Studios. I believe the busts are his, but not the full size Pred.

I remember seeing and reading about this on the RPF a long time ago.

B

biohunter76

No doubt. Those are Howards busts in the backround. Best thing to do would be to email him through his site and ask about it.

T

ta2pro

it was a collaboration of michael burnett and another caster that had done work on the star trek series.there r only 5 in existence.i,and 2 of my friends,were the only ones to ever have it.i sold mine the night my wife said she was leaving me(coiincidently it had arrived just a mere day b4 she would say this).i though life was over so i vowed never again to ever touch the hobby again.the one u see in the pic was mine.i'd sold it to howard,a once good friend(we still r,i just havent told him i was back into this again).sorry to make people sick,but at the time i thought it was the best thing to do.

S

Savage Yautja

Big thanks for the info on these pics. Been down that road too. Time to hunt for a new mate. I figure I can always do better the 2nd time around. Doubt I'd do worse

T

The Big Gunns

I have a question for Dwayne...why is that last photo on this post and being posted by Mark?

Ta2pro.. thats a really nice statue... sorry you had to let that go. Next time tell you woman to get her butt back in the kitchen and make you some pie.

S

Shadow predator

Or make sure you date a girl who loves the same things you do

S

Savage Yautja

To all Pred fans,I was asked to remove the last pic of the Stan Winston statue because apparently Mel doesn't want to share it here. Confusing since it wasn't a sculpt of her's to begin with. But that's the way she wants it. Go figure.

T

The Big Gunns

Mark.. you sent me 2 messages about this and I responded so there was no reason for you to even make that last post.

And just so everyone knows- because of the nature and circumstances of the photo(s) I have not posted them all over. That doesnt mean I haven't shared them with others- Carlart, MeanGene, and some other sculptors who needed them have seen them.

I

Ice1010

I remember seeing those pics before while back. Thats one nice prop. Only if I can get ahold of one of those.

T

ta2pro

ok-just to clear the air of who's sculpt this is once and 4 all.this IS the stan winston pred.this was retooled after molds had sat for yrs w/permission to redo this as a "secret" project,hence why 5 were only made and ever will be.the pics are from howardstudios,as he was part of the project.so it's his right to post wherever he wants.this pic is public,for the public and will always BE for the public!there is no way on gods green earth that someone in their self centered mind that could redo this w/the help of god almighty himself!this project was nearly scrapped w/problem after problem,but was given the greenlight after being paid upfront(by us) and there was no backing out of it even after serious delays.i'm glad u guys got to see,though,the holy grail of preds to be obtained.ty mel 4 the encouragement,but my heart was beyond shattered at that point to ever think of making myself happy by painting.i love myself these days and love the things i paint,which is why i'm here watching u guys and appreciating the art of what we all do on here.i'm not worried these days if someone thinks i'm a dork/geek for the things i paint,because it makes me happy.

oh,btw.....u don't want to know how much it only went for.you guys will really never get sleep again!

M

MEANGENE83

ta2pro -Sorry, you ARE a dork, and we love ya for it.
I am gonna cast gauntlets for you tonite. SHins are ready to go. Excuse my slow response time, work is keeping me locked down. You will get em before halloween.

Mark you suck.

C

carlart

Yes, I have been one of the lucky few to have been given pix of the Winston sculpt by Mel. They have proven invaluable in my quest to make accurized P1 stuff-it is in fact, the holy grail. There is a pretty good reason for Mel not wanting certain shots posted, so please don't feel slighted Mark. It's all cool, bro---I got the same request. I did notice the hands are P2, guess the molds for the other items are lost.

Wow TA2, didn't know you had that kind of resume. Gonna have to pick your brains someday soon. I am so thankful the P1 mold didn't get stolen or thrown out like the suits from P2. One of the original 5 you refer to was on eBay earlier this year, all painted up accurately. Only wish I had the $$$ to buy it. Glad to see you adding your distinctiveness to the Lair collective.

carlart

T

ta2pro

hey carl,how much did it go for on ebay?i only paid $1500 for the kit and $200 shipped.try not to be sick all at once.waaay to much vomit to be cleaned up once people know how little it cost to get at the time.

P

PredatoRob

I wonder why no ones done something like that with the Predator 2 suit mold(s). THAT I would like to see. I like the P1 and all, but I am just a bigger P2 fan.

Although, now that I think about it, there was less stuff sculpted into the P2 suit than the P1. I could see that as being a hurdle.

T

ta2pro

here some more pics of that grail i had that u guys r wanting.these were the pics sent to me-personally by the original sculptors.whoever wants these as reference or just for personal-have a ball!

pred_kit_1.jpg

I

inkdoctor

i saved the pics of the one that was on ebay awhile back. the paint job was fantastic ans it came with 2 different head options. one with the bio and 1 without. i spoke to the guy about it a couple times and i believe it had a starting bid of 6500.00. it was listed twice and it didint look like it sold. perhaps he sold it to spmeone off ebay.