Need to fix cracked Bio...

N

neonstorm7

I need some help here... I just got my new Bio in today and eagerly started trimming and cleaning it up. I started cleaning it up a little to check my progress, and it cracked {see pic below for the location). I took a strip of metal and epoxied it over the crack, but I don't know how it will hold up. And before anyone can ask, I'm not sure what it's made of. How can I tell?

Thanks!!

Ryan

Predator012.jpg

N

neonstorm7

Ugh, just got a good look at the 'lasers'. Those things have to go. Anyone got a good replacement?

Thanks,

Ryan

S

Savage Yautja

How about 3 chrome bezels from Radio Shack. You cound dremnel the area smooth and drill the holes for the bezels to fit in the same arangement as the existing housing. They'll look sharp when finished.

N

neonstorm7

Now that sounds cool... Can you give me a little more info? What are the bezels for normally?

Thanks!

Ryan

ps - thanks for the wiring tutorial...

I

Ice1010

Looks like it made out of fiberglass. Imo I would reinforce it with more fiberglass on the inside of the bio so it can be alittle stronger. But work in a well ventilated area if you decide to.....

N

neonstorm7

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't think it's fiberglass, because, looking at the underside, the material was slushed into a mold. From what (little) I understand about fiberglass, it doesn't work that way does it? Also, it doesn't seem as hard as fiberglass...? But thanks for the tip anyway!

The epoxy *seems* to be holding, so I'll maybe reinforce it with a little more and cross my fingers. Unless anyone has any further advice, that is.

I'll check out Radio Shack this afternoon for the bezels. Thanks for the info!

Ryan

I

Ice1010

Oh another idea, you can use bondo. I used this stuff on the inside of my bio to make it really smooth, plus there was one thin spot I needed to fix.....

D

Don Jarr

Hi m8

In regards to you wanting to replace your laser shroud, I make this one for my bios. (They come unpainted.)

trilaserhousing.jpg

As long as you cover p&p I can send you a couple.

Don