New Animatronic Rig Under a Mander AVP

A

asy0uw1sh

I don't know if any of you remember but a while ago I started a link asking Pete what mask he intended to put over an amazing animatronic rig that he made. Well he never responded so I sold the rig on eBay, since then I have communicated with Pete. I was elated the rig sold, but totally bummed out at the same time. The rig was my most prized Pred possession. So I set out to try and remake one based on Pete's brilliant design that was a variation of the ADI design. This time I sculpted my version of Pete's rig by building up clay inside of a Mander AVP mask that I picked up on ebay, once I had the general shape, I casted the clay, made a fiberglass positive of the cast and attached servos and fabricated lower mandibular swing arms and upper fang pivots and here is the result. Let me know what you guys think. It is fully self contained and runs entirely on 4 AA batteries that last awhile! The remote radio trigger consists of tactile pressure switches that are activated by fingertaps. I hid the switches inside of the fingertips of my gloves. The video shows the mask/rig on a mannequin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4yUVtm1uo

Thanks for reading this thread and watching the vid.

-Alan

S

SeaHunterr

WoW Alan! Very impressive! You did an outstanding job with that set up...well done!

R

RaptorArts

I agree. Nice job. The video though is about 1 min too long cause its blank after the first 30 seconds. Is that animatronic underskull similar to Petes Underskull?

P

pirkleations

That's what I'm talkin' about!! Self-contained animatronics!!!

I know what I want for Christmas now....

~DangerDavey

A

asy0uw1sh

Yes, like the way your foam costume resembles the AVP Preds. It's a variation on Pete's theme. The underskull rig is based on his design, but this time I put all of the facial mechanisms on the mandible.

-Alan

P

predmaniac

OMG, I'm in love, fantastic piece of work dude, how can I get one. I have an early PMander aswell, would be the bomb. You gona do a tutorial??????

I

inkdoctor

that kicks some major arse. hopefullysomeday ill get me a animatronic mask.