New cosplay builder

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Derrick G, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Hello,

I am new to the cosplay community. I am currently working on a predator build for Halloween/comic con 2019, Does anyone have any Blades for wrist Gauntlet for sale.

I don't have the Machinery to cut out a set. I will also share photos of my work so far for advice, tips and constructive criticism.

Texas predator and Shogun like this.
  2. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

Hey welcome to the Predatorium. Their are different types of blade material , plastic, metal, foam, etc. you will have to be a little more precise.

3. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Hello, I'm looking for something Strong, a firm foam or plastic at best, but stronger than cardboard..lol. Nothing too expensive, I'm on a E-5 budget... I have tried to make a set but I am a bit * with detail and I don't have tools or machinery to get them like I want. Anyone who can help is welcome. I have started fabricating my gauntlets and feet, ill share pics later.

Texas predator and Vebo1 like this.
  4. Vebo1

Vebo1 Hunter

Here is a suggestion real cost effective go to a hobby shop . Im not sure where your located but get a couple pieces of balsa wood which is easy to carve download the gauntlet template trace the pattern about three time Glue then together using wood glue . Sand it down to bevel the edges . You can just use acrylic paint and spray gloss to seal it. Or in my case I got some 1/8” adhesive foam to cover the sides . No need for big saw just an exacto knife

Texas predator, Derrick G and Shogun like this.
  5. Shogun

Shogun Hunter

Derrick G hello and welcome to Predatorium .....I cannot wait to see your costume updates my friend :)

Texas predator, Derrick G and Vebo1 like this.
  6. lazybones88

lazybones88 Blooded

Welcome and interested to see what you come up with!!!

7. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Hello all, I have some photos to share. I am working on the wrist gauntlets , shin armor and feet so far. I am a beginner and I am learning along the way better short cuts in steps being each piece is duplicated. This set is the start of the left arm gauntlet. IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0470 - Copy.JPG IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0488 - Copy.JPG IMG_0491 - Copy.JPG IMG_0492 - Copy.JPG IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0533.JPG

8. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

I added some battel damage and then plasti dipped..... IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0539.JPG IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0541.JPG

9. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

The feet, I took 4' foam traced the bottom of a pair some "Army boots that had a "hole":whistle: in the bottom" :rolleyes::whistle:... and cut out the foam
    IMG_0436.JPG IMG_0437.JPG IMG_0438.JPG IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0551.JPG to fit over the boot like a cover..

Texas predator and Vebo1 like this.
  10. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

The right arm Gauntlet, I went for the single blade look, I used a sword from a Halloween toy and cut it down to fit. take(y) a look
    IMG_0552.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0586.JPG

lazybones88, Texas predator and Vebo1 like this.
  11. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

And the Plasti Dipped ......
    IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.jpg IMG_0591.jpg

12. Texas predator

Texas predator Blooded

WOW!! This is amazing WORK :) I like the approach your taking, there's some GREAT ideas going on here!! I can't wait to see MORE!!

Derrick G and Vebo1 like this.
  13. Angrychutney

Angrychutney Blooded

Loving it so far, really creative ..... Keep at it the results are so worth it

Derrick G, Shogun and Texas predator like this.
  14. lazybones88

lazybones88 Blooded

Looking great. Great use of the materials and ideas you have come up with. Keep up the good work.

15. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Thanks … more to come soon.

Texas predator likes this.
  16. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Thank you.... appreciate the feed back.

17. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Thank you... I will keep at it

18. Red2

Red2 Blooded

The googly eyes.

Awesome.

19. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

LOL.. Thanks

20. Shogun

Shogun Hunter

Derrick G It is looking DOPE man! Continue the hard work .... for myself I am waiting for magnets to come by mail.... :D

Derrick G likes this.
  21. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

THANK YOU ...SAME TO YOU, Yeah, I got a Wolf predator bio mask and I am going to retro fit a hard hat to it and attach the dreads around the sides, also use pieces of a rubber mask to give illusion its covering the predator face... i cant afford one of the masks sold online, they are nice but need to save up for it.:) ill send pics of my concept, possibly get a better idea shared etc..

Texas predator and Shogun like this.
  22. Red2

Red2 Blooded

Shogun likes this.
  23. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

I posted some pics last week, been working on the body suit. toying around with silicone and latex and a stencil making scaly skin textured look. started painting the bio mask and working on dreads in between drying... Little at a time(y)

24. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded

Red2 here are some recent pics IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0744.JPG

Texas predator and Red2 like this.
  25. Derrick G

Derrick G Unblooded