New feet <paint job oics added>

M

Maverick118

Well finally got my boots all cast up.

newshoes.jpg

Don't look bad if you don't look cloesly.

The one on the right took ages to set up and when it was pulled from the mold

footcast3.jpg

footcast4.jpg

Big tear in the heel and a very thin bit in the to that split. Bugger. But as you can see in the pic at the very top and this one
footbubbles2.jpg

I managed to repair it so it looks almost as good as new.

The came the pullling of the other foot.

bubblesinthefoot.jpg

Bugger again, only a few bubbles this time and no splits or tears. And the seams clened up well on both. Over all apart for the extra work to fix them up They look quite nifty, considering I've made them from scratch I'm quite happy. I think the main reason for the airbubbles is not soaking the upper two sections of the mold enough. Better luck next time

T

The Mortal Immortal

Looks great Maverick118 looks like easy repairs.

M

Maverick118

Easy yep it was, painstaking and time consuming too to get a result that is nice and flush with the rest of the feet. I've sculpted in a couple of deliberate mistakes on these puppies too, just in case when filming is done and dusted we sell them one to help finacne another production. So we'll know if some beggar has a go at recasting them. They've got a nice white latex paint base coat and I'll be matching these with the paint job on the rest of the suit.

J

JediUsurper

looks good Mav, glad to hear you can fix them easily.

show us ya painting skillz en

M

Maverick118

Finally got them all painted up.

Some pics with the flash as it was getting dark when I took them today.

footdetailswithflash1.jpg

footdetailswithflash2.jpg

footdetailswithflash3.jpg

footdetailswithflash4.jpg

and a couple without the flash

footfetailswithoutflash1.jpg

footfetailswithoutflash2.jpg

I think....I think I may be getting a handle on this airbrushing lark

J

JediUsurper

wey heeeey

sweet feet m8e.

how much more have you got to do on your suit ?

M

Maverick118

New Gauntlets and Helm to sculpt mold and cast and painting the dreads and my custom chest armour. Sounds a lot but it shouldn't take long. I have a bit of a breather before we can resume filming and the pred is needed.

grandpasnewdo.jpg

grandpasnewdo2.jpg

I'm also looking into using the polymorph plastic asa an underskull for an animatronic or perhaps simple mechanical set up for the jaws