new project?

Deadly Blade

Blooded
Ok so here is my problem, i have managed to sort out all of the problems around me and have found myself with alot of free time on my hands, what better way to spend it than making something predator? so i was thinking that maybe you guys could help me out with ideas and tips and help. if you guys can help in anyway i would be so happy!

thanks!

BigGunns

Blooded
Oh ok -copy that.

1) Is this for a full suit you are building?
2) What is your budget for materials?
3) What do you have experience with- sculpting/molding, foamies, pvc buckets?
4) Is this just for you or are you trying to sell it?

The answers to those questions will help narrow it down.

Deadly Blade

Blooded
Oh ok -copy that.

1) Is this for a full suit you are building?
2) What is your budget for materials?
3) What do you have experience with- sculpting/molding, foamies, pvc buckets?
4) Is this just for you or are you trying to sell it?

The answers to those questions will help narrow it down.
1)it may be for a suit i havent decided whether to make one yet.
2)i have a low budget but alot of materials with me.
3)i have experiance with sculpting, foamies, cardwork, plastic, painting.
4)its for myself.

Deadly Blade

Blooded
DO A SUIT! You know you want to! I'll play devil's advocate! B)
hmmmm i might just do that.
im one of the only members who hasnt got a full costume yet but i dont evan have a mask.
i guess ill have to make one but the only problem is i dont have a manaquin head.
could someone please tell me how to make a good substitute for one.

Macguyver

Blooded
I knew that I was going to build me an entire suit when I began, but was also keeping my eyes open to all sorts of different types of products & materials that might work well as any part of a Pred suit. Everywhere I went for months prior to, & even to this day, I try to see things in a "MacGuyver" sort of way. I mean, if he could do all that cool stuff w/ just a few of the most basic everyday items, so if I happened to come across anything that could be modified into a particular Predator piece I'd give it a shot & see what came out of it. Certainly helps keep feeding anyone who's got a strong hunger for knowledge because I'm still experimenting w/ new ideas, products & materials two years later! But I've also learned a ton about what works & what doesn't for its cost. Even discovered...well ok, "stumbled onto" a number of new ways to create some rather innovative & very cost effective parts which make up a predator costume! Try searching the word "Macguyver" & you'll be able to find all the pieces I've posted up thus far which I usually also try to include a list of the materials used & a description of how I utilized all of them to create some great looking items (check out those titled "How to Macguyver..."). Here's a link to one that has also been tried by a few others here at the lair in the past few months:

How to "MacGuyver" a Bio-Helmet

The first piece I'd created which pulled me in hardcore was my spear. One day, I just came up w/ the idea to use two legs from a camera tripod to make a Predator spear that also actually have a unique, realistic & quality effect to it, by allowing both ends to shoot out at once in less than one second. From what I'd learned by building it, my brain began to kick into high gear for how many different ways I could figure out how to create other parts as well & then I got another idea & another & yet another & so on & so forth.

If you're not sure where to start, try making a bio & see where it takes you from there.