NEW SCULPT FINISHED!

Mannowar

Hunter
Ok... Done with the sneak peeks... Here's the finished lower leg armor, ready to mold. Now for the story...

I had this finished this morning, when disaster struck... My chair, a cheap barstool which had been on the verge of collapse for 2 months finally decided to go today, with me on it... When it did, my legs kicked my work table, which in turn, jarred the top-heavy sculpt enough to topple it. It caught the edge of the table perfectly, which left a nice, deep 5" wide gash across half the sculpt, then proceeded to the floor, where I was able to make a major league catch to save it from total destruction. Seriously... a pro team should sign me up after a catch like that... Part of it did hit the floor however, causing some more damage.

Needless to say, after assessing the damage, I was devistated beyond words... Thank God for a good woman... She wiped the blood from my head (must've hit it on table during the fall), sat me down and reassured me that she'd seen me fix things that were in far worse shape. An hour later, she poured me a glass of wine (at 10:00 AM...lol) and said "It's clay, you made it... now go fix it."

I spent 8 hours fixing the damage, adjusting the angles, re-raising and reforming the layers and redoing the texturing. Looking back now, I should've photographed the damage to share with everyone, but I was in no mood for that at the time. Anyway, here's the new version, now safely put away until I mold it later in the week. Hope you enjoy.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Hell they look that good i may not bother going with P1 shins for my suit :rolleyes:

excellent work sir, sorry to hear about ya accident, but it looks bloody fine work from here.

please let me know when you have pricing sorted, and hopefully you ship to the UK.

Mannowar

Hunter
Hell they look that good i may not bother going with P1 shins for my suit :rolleyes:

excellent work sir, sorry to hear about ya accident, but it looks bloody fine work from here.

please let me know when you have pricing sorted, and hopefully you ship to the UK.
I'll probably mold them next weekend... Shipping to the UK is no problem. Haven't figured out a price yet. I'll let you know in a couple weeks when I actually have some pulls done.

Scott

Macguyver

Blooded
THAT'S AMAZING!!! :rolleyes:

I think many of us have had to overcome, at least once, some type of similar setback. Though none of mine have ever required such an acrobatic feat as you had pulled off! Glad to hear you had a good woman by your side to keep you at it!

OUTSTANDING WORK!!!

DangerDavey

Hunter
:rolleyes: :eek:

Having had to repair many a project in my past, I empathize with your setback and congradulate you on your successful defeat of gravity!!

The shin armor looks fantastic! I actually think it looks sleeker and prettier than the AVP shins.

~DD

DJ Akuma

Hunter
Very well done, and apart from the movie like action sequence, the outcome is fantastic.

i will definitely be in touch... :rolleyes:

Mannowar

Hunter
Thanks all... One thing I wanted to point out, now that they're done, but forgot to when I first posted this... the two contoured ridges on the bottom section. I mentioned them in the "sneak peek" post, but they weren't added to the sculpt yet, when I posted those pix and my explanation might have been a little confusing. For someone with legs that aren't as long as mine, you can cut along the bottom of the upper contoured ridge to accomidate for shorter legs.

And thank you DD for noticing the sleeker design. I did this for 3 reasons... (1) I've always thought the AVP shins looked just a little too bulky... (2) I didn't want them to rub together when I walked, which seemed to happen a lot with bulkier ones... And best of all, (3) sleeker design tends to make one look taller. I love optical tricks like that. Kinda like vertical stripes vs. horizontal stripes. That's also why I've been doing my armor sculpts just a tiny bit smaller. I want them to look more proportional on the suit as well as making the suit look bigger in general.

CHANCESR316

Unblooded
Greta work...What did you use to make the texturing effect.

Ok... Done with the sneak peeks... Here's the finished lower leg armor, ready to mold. Now for the story...

I had this finished this morning, when disaster struck... My chair, a cheap barstool which had been on the verge of collapse for 2 months finally decided to go today, with me on it... When it did, my legs kicked my work table, which in turn, jarred the top-heavy sculpt enough to topple it. It caught the edge of the table perfectly, which left a nice, deep 5" wide gash across half the sculpt, then proceeded to the floor, where I was able to make a major league catch to save it from total destruction. Seriously... a pro team should sign me up after a catch like that... Part of it did hit the floor however, causing some more damage.

Needless to say, after assessing the damage, I was devistated beyond words... Thank God for a good woman... She wiped the blood from my head (must've hit it on table during the fall), sat me down and reassured me that she'd seen me fix things that were in far worse shape. An hour later, she poured me a glass of wine (at 10:00 AM...lol) and said "It's clay, you made it... now go fix it."

I spent 8 hours fixing the damage, adjusting the angles, re-raising and reforming the layers and redoing the texturing. Looking back now, I should've photographed the damage to share with everyone, but I was in no mood for that at the time. Anyway, here's the new version, now safely put away until I mold it later in the week. Hope you enjoy.

carlart

Hunter
Holy crap! A major save and repair AND an understanding supportive woman on top of it all? You are truly blessed.
I've seen several people's projects get ruined as well as their love lives over this "thing" we all have. Glad to see it ain't a universal rule.
Sculpt's looking just fine. I know I would have put my fist through a wall--been there, done that. Rock on amigo!