New SuperEdge Predator 1 kit!

NoHumorMan

Hunter
WOW... what a cool kit. Looks absolutely stunning... and the paint-job is superb. What is the price for one of these? The same as the other SuperEdge Predator kits?

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Thats looks sweet, I really like the head on that one with the paint up. I think the predator kits are getting better and better.

NoHumorMan

Hunter
Am I alone in thinking that they are "copies" of older vinyl kits? The Elder Predator was alarmingly similar in style to the Billiken Predator kit and the Predator 2 kit is alarmingly similar to the old ArgoNauts kits - just reshaped a little. Also, they are - like these older kits - not true 1:6 scale, but more likely 1:7 scale.

I'm basing my opinion on having owned both the ArgoNauts P2 and the Super Edge P2 - and owning the Billiken P1 and comparing to pictures of the Super Edge Elder.

Not that they aren't absolutely awesome kits... just felt that there were too many similarities to merely be coincidence.

This new one is definitely cool! :)

ScottAS

Hunter
Like the Toy industry..everyone rips off everyone. Why sculpt another body when you can cast one in wax or clay and modify it.
Still is a great paint and cool piece.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faken

Hunter
Am I alone in thinking that they are "copies" of older vinyl kits? The Elder Predator was alarmingly similar in style to the Billiken Predator kit and the Predator 2 kit is alarmingly similar to the old ArgoNauts kits - just reshaped a little. Also, they are - like these older kits - not true 1:6 scale, but more likely 1:7 scale.

I'm basing my opinion on having owned both the ArgoNauts P2 and the Super Edge P2 - and owning the Billiken P1 and comparing to pictures of the Super Edge Elder.

Not that they aren't absolutely awesome kits... just felt that there were too many similarities to merely be coincidence.

This new one is definitely cool!
I gotta disagree on this one... I have all the kits mentioned right here in front of me and the S/E kits are just miles above the argo kits. The P2 isn't really the same in terms of pose or styling and the detailing is much more advanced on the S/E kit. The P1 kit is somewhat similar, but again I think you'll find the SE kit much higher in detail despite the Billi being a great kit. Doesn't look like the Elder to me, I dunno... I honestly don't see any similarities between them other than the fact that they come from the same movies :)

You want to see a rip off, check out the Billiken P1 vs the Cinemacast P1 or the now defunct Palisades Sig Series Pred vs Steve Wangs diamond toy prototype. Yikes!

inkmonster

Hunter
well the only thing thats similar about it is the p-2 version does have the skull in one hand and the other is out in front a bit with with a lance or throwing disc in it. but i agree with dan superedges predator kits blow away argonauts hands down. i have a few superedge kits and there my favorite. i also have a couple of the billike kits and like them to. hell who am i kidding i have about 20 predator kits and like them all. i have one made from gort with a 7 head option thats a nice kit but none of them have the details that superedge has put into theres. i definatly want this one does anyone know how to get my hands on one of them? and whats the price of this badboy i know there kits are a little expensive but worth it.

Faken

Hunter
well the only thing thats similar about it is the p-2 version does have the skull in one hand and the other is out in front a bit with with a lance or throwing disc in it. but i agree with dan superedges predator kits blow away argonauts hands down. i have a few superedge kits and there my favorite. i also have a couple of the billike kits and like them to. hell who am i kidding i have about 20 predator kits and like them all. i have one made from gort with a 7 head option thats a nice kit but none of them have the details that superedge has put into theres. i definatly want this one does anyone know how to get my hands on one of them? and whats the price of this badboy i know there kits are a little expensive but worth it.
The S/E P2 doesn't have a skull in the hand though? :) He has one hand open and another arm with weapon out in front of him attacking him. But yeah, SE kits OWN! Bear in mind that casting processes and materials have REALLY improved since 91' when the Argos were done, so you can achieve much greater detail on the kits now.

I'm going to see if Mark is going to carry some of these, price will be around $200 like all the other SE kits no doubt, plus shipping

Dan

ok, im waiting to get the total price and a round about shipping quote for domestic shipping.
I heard it was going to be cheaper than previous SE preds!

And as stated above, the SE pred kits rule...crisp detail and suberb sculpting...the only reson they look similiar is because there are all of the same character.....and some have similiar poses.

NoHumorMan

Hunter
On X-Facto the P2 kit, now with throwing disc and lance option, is sold for $179 - the elder is a bit more expensive at $199

Oh, and I'm not saying that the SE's are direct copies of those kits I mentioned... they have definitely improved the sculpts - but size, general proportions, detailing of some parts and general stance is pretty similar to be mere chance. This is in no way bashing on the SEs, no way... just me thinking that there could be a link.

inkmonster

Hunter
my se predator 2 has a skull in the left hand dan. they have 3 different versions of the same kit. one with the trowing disc and a open left hand. the second one that i have they replaced the hands one has a spear in it and the other has a skull. and the third version of the same kit now has like 4 or 5 hands so you can build whatever version you want.

NoHumorMan

Hunter
my se predator 2 has a skull in the left hand dan. they have 3 different versions of the same kit. one with the trowing disc and a open left hand. the second one that i have they replaced the hands one has a spear in it and the other has a skull. and the third version of the same kit now has like 4 or 5 hands so you can build whatever version you want.
And the ArgoNauts has the exact same set-up: throwing disc in one and the other open / lance in one hand and other holding onto a skull. That's why I felt there was a connection between the two companies' kits.

Faken

Hunter
The third one (the re-release) only comes with 3 hands, the empty, and then the two weapon choices. At least mine did from Tucky. The original spear version had the skull and the disc version had nothing. I have the P2 re-release built and the 2 original versions still boxed in the closet

I Lub the SE kits :)

BENSIN

Hunter
aww mannn, I just got all four of the released SE kits, now THIS comes out...how much will this run for, 200?

Oh and, Faken, I got the Narin AVP dio kit too...all I have to say is, 'damn.' :)

Oh yea, I'm new here. Hi to all.

Faken

Hunter
aww mannn, I just got all four of the released SE kits, now THIS comes out...how much will this run for, 200?
Oh and, Faken, I got the Narin AVP dio kit too...all I have to say is, 'damn.' :)

Oh yea, I'm new here. Hi to all.
Heheh told you that thing was the shizzle