New to this...

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by BuckeyeStalker, Apr 4, 2018.

1. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Hello. I'm new to the community. Started my Predator cosplay last year at Wizard World Columbus 2017. Nothing spectacular except my mask. This year though, will be different. My custom body suit arrives this Friday. Will post pics. I have included a pic of my mask for comments, etc etc.
    Thanks for having me!

20170421_152005.jpg

20170421_152013.jpg

LunaticNic and Shogun like this.
  2. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

BuckeyeStalkerWell welcome brother yautja :D.... it is indeed a good start ..... but you will see that making a Predator costume isnt a matter of one week but more like a year or so....I mean it all depends of your BUDGET and how much time you want to invest in your character costume ;) I suggest you read the GUIDELINE for building your costume 'first' then you can surf the PRedatorium forums to understand more the techniques and such..... HAVE a wonderful stay here my friend (y)

3. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

For example ..on your mask I would buy some apoxy sculpt and add some ''Quills'' to the dreads... so your dreads stay'S down more than without weight...I also suggest you buy some BLACK make-up around your eyes before putting the mask...that way it mix with the mask more .....If you want a suit that fits with your measures i also suggest you do the Guyver technique ..... which consist to buy a muscle suit on the web like MR. INCREDIBLE and then you pour Latex RD-407 on top of it .... many layers.... then you just need to paint your suit up with airbush or normal brushes and VOILA ;)

4. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Oh yes.. it is a marathon indeed. I tried using cheap eva last year for armor and what not. It made it through the Con intact but I didnt really like the look of it. Will be investing more money into it this year though. Here is my bodysuit that will arrive this Friday. Major improvement over what I had.

Screenshot_20180316-203632.png

5. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Yes, I did use black face paint around my eyes for the Con, makes a difference. I am ordering contacts as well so my costume this year should be a vast improvement over what I had.

Shogun likes this.
  6. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

425$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!! DAMN that is so much for that costume suit .....dude i could SCULPT you one for that price my friend.... CUSTOM to your bodysize :( Jesus Christ ....

7. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

I am sculpting this suit at the moment WIN_20180401_17_48_49_Pro.jpg WIN_20180401_17_48_49_Pro.jpg

BuckeyeStalker likes this.
  8. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Yeah.. I know. I tried my hand at making one using Mr. Incredible. Didnt work out so last minute changes I just threw on an old camo jacket I had from my Airsoft days and attached eva armor I made to it. A lot of people took pics with me at the Con last year despite that lol

Shogun likes this.
  9. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

My blades are just eva glued to paint stir sticks I picked up at Home Depot, then attached to my gloves. Works for now until i can afford to commission someone to build me a nice gauntlet some day.

Shogun likes this.
  10. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

This is the extent of my skills.. I made my son's Deadpool costume with a bodysuit and spray paint lol He was a hit 2 years ago at the Con.

20160730_143527.jpg

Shogun likes this.
  11. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Here are my arm blades, just simple eva glued to paint stir sticks. Works for now...

20180405_105859.jpg

20180405_105506.jpg

20180405_105931.jpg

12. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

I just ordered yellow contacts so it's coming along. Gotta get ready for the Con in June.

Shogun likes this.
  13. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

I picked up a bunch of life size skulls this past Halloween. I'm going to put them in a mesh laundry bag I have distressed and hang it off my belt. Gotta have trophies.

Shogun likes this.
  14. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

My bodysuit arrived. It's coming together. Next are my contacts..

20180406_200117.jpg

15. Mille2ej

Mille2ej Blooded

Looking good, if you need any pointers let us know. I built my first suit last year and gained a lot of experience.....train and error. I posted a lot of photos on a few build threads. Of your looking for any reference photos let me know. I have tons of them. Good luck! Oh btw, I'm in Cincinnati!

Shogun likes this.
  16. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Who Dey! I'm down that way at least twice a year for Bengals games. Do you ever make it up this way for the Wizard World Con? I was the only Predator cosplay last year.

17. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Last year at the Con, a little girl came up to me and asked me to sign her autograph book. She was going around getting all of the Superheroes to sign it. So I signed it "Predator" and drew a little monster smiley face.
    That right there stoked the fires for me to really go all in with this. My cosplay last year was horrible, let's be honest lol But it was due to last minute changes since my original build using a Mr Incredible suit did not turn out.

52468.jpeg

18. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

And yeah, that's a plush Facehugger hanging off the right side lol

19. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Here is my wife and I last year at the Con

52791.jpeg

20170807_174046.png

Shogun likes this.
  20. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

I've been meaning to show you all the window decals I picked up a month ago on Etsy.

20180410_175939.jpg

20180410_175910.jpg

Shogun likes this.
  21. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

I should have pics posted by this weekend of my complete suit for this year. Not going with any armor because I just do not have the time or money (gotta buy all the cosplay stuff for my kids and wife still lol). More to come, stay tuned!

22. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

My fishnets and contacts arrived

20180413_192044.jpg

20180413_192049.jpg

20180413_192612.jpg

23. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

BuckeyeStalker now it is becoming to look more like predator ;) but i just cant beleive the 420$ for the suit thought :p

24. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Yeah. It was expensive

25. BuckeyeStalker

BuckeyeStalker Unblooded

Picked up a cheap $5 toy flintlock pistol. Painted it from it's original black and chrome color to this. Added another trophy.

20180420_214332.jpg

20180420_214358.jpg