Discussion in 'Predator Props' started by NeXXt, Dec 8, 2013.
Just found this post. The detail of your bio is amazing.
Two copies with different paint methods — old (left) and new (right).
It's for second mask:
1. black primer (acrylic, spray);
2. basic layer (alkyd metallic, spray);
3. copper elements (acrylic copper metallic, brush);
4. 1-2 layers of shade/wash (black oil paint with solvent) and drying/cleaning with toilet paper;
5. highlighting (chrome silver, dry brush);
5. 1-2 layers of matte varnish.
Amazing. Stunning piece of crafstmanship.
Just to clarify. You coat the inside with a few layers of resin and then sand off the outer paper layer, after which you then cover that with some compound and then sand to get the shape?
Thanks in advance.
Thank you! It's my biggest project at this time. I'm lazy man
About the process step by step:
1. Epoxy resin + filler (fumed silica for thickening effect) inside of the paper model.
2. Around 2-3 layers of fiberglass (250 g/m2 glass fabric + epoxy resin) on previous layer of resin.
3. One finishing layer of epoxy resin with the same fumed silica for smoothing surface.
4. Smoothing and sanding.
5. Work with epoxy putty.
Those wolf bios are insane! Well done NeXXt!!
Thank you! Maybe later i'll do some new mask.
I especially like the work done on the interior of the mask. Keep it up would love to see a new mask done
Dude those are so beautiful! amazing work and detail love the bells and whistles on the inside of the bio
Hi .I just started my account and I don't know how to download the templatescan someone plz help me .
It looks really awesome
That is so incredible, that's movie prop worthy you guys and gals on this forum are so creative!
Those are absolutely amazing!! Great job! The detail inside and out is unreal!!
Words don't do it justice NeXXt, it's indescribable!!!
Amazing work. As OldPredVA said, words can not do it justice. That's beyond movie quality. I wish I had half of your skills.
Beautiful creations, the inside detailing is incredible!
SERIOUSLY you have awesome talents !
Do you sell them?
And also,how do you get huger ranks on the community
Venandipredator you get Face huger ranks by destroying Aliens (Joke) no seriously we get higher ranks by posting messages (of course it needs to be helpful messages and kind words) on the forums. Everything that helps our community will get you a higher rank my friend....we gain TROPHIES and with those trophies we get higher ranks.
Yes, when I have ready painted biomask. At this moment I sold only 2 masks (still too lazy, I guess). Besides other projects took a lot of time.
I didn't know about rank till you asked me. Maybe cause I made and post here free pepakura templates (Boar, Wolf) and post some WIP and useful info.
Thank you, admin!
Separate names with a comma.