Newbie and NEED HELP BADLY

R

Raven

Hello everyone. I'm new at this so bare with me please. My brother just returned home from Iraq and is a double leg amputee. He is taking it really hard. He is a really big Predator fan, and I was wanting to amke him a Bio Helm by Thanksgiving to cheer him up. I'm looking for anyone who can give me instructions on how to make one. I really dont know how to get one to look like the actual thing. If anyone is selling please let me know also. I really need help guys, but I'm also on a tight budget as well. PLEASE help me. My family and I would be greatful. Thank all of you for your time and patience with me. I also posted in the Hunter's Lair by accident. So I am also putting in my request to have that one deleted. Thanks guys.

Two people have ever offered their lives for you. Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your salvation. The other died for your freedom.

K

kithunter

Hey raven,

welcome to the board....hope you get the chance to make him feel better.
my adivce for a post like this would be to spend some time looking through the older threads on the board just to give you some ideas on the how to's.

if you looking for a straight out purchase like that ..i would advise you hit ebay. They have some decent bios on there from time to time and it won't run you that high..

AM

P

pirkleations

Raven,

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Thank you to all of those in the military service, have served, or are fighting right at this very moment to preserve human freedom.

Both you and your brother are welcome here on the Lair anytime.

~DangerDavey

R

Raven

Thanks for the Advice guys. I am getting the basics, but still need help finding a cast for a bio sor something like that. Anyway, any advice would help.

P

PredatoRob

Hey man, welcome to the forums. When I first undertook the task of sculpting my own bio-helmet from clay I had no idea it'd take as long as it did. But that's life, interjecting itself when it's not wanted! It took 7 months to sculpt, I spent, probably in upwards of $50 on clay alone, another $113 for silicone to mold it, and I'll spend an additional $100 on resin, and $30-$40 on Ultra Cal for the mother mold. But that's just a lot of jargin. Your best bet would be to see if you can track a good helmet down on Ebay, or hell, even here on the boards. What with your time frame and all. Best of luck man, and I'm happy as hell your brother made it home.

S

sinister70

As Brit I'd like to say that I'm glad your brother made it home. If your planning to make one search the back topics for a how to do tutorial,and as others have said, EBAY is the place to track one down, but be careful of bad copies and recasts. Hopefully someone here will sort you out with a good deal. I hope you get what you're looking for.
Peace
Cheers