Nice alternative to the latex body suits

MothMonty

Hunter
I'm not saying that the first two muscle suits are worth $500, but one of the reasons that they get expensive is the foam used to make the muscle. If it is of good quality it will allow you to move and have great detail (the first one did). Some other muscle suits are just cheaply sewn shirts with cotton baton stuffed into them. Currently I am in the beginning stages of making a muscle torso, using a combination of open and closed cell foam. The back of DTD exploded so I have to fix it, before I recommence. If it actually works like I hope I will post a huntorial.

vinmanmac

Hunter
Hey Guys,

The full Muscle Costume,
Front Facade
and Front with no Fore Arms and Lower Leg are all sculpted and molded by a guy named Paul who is a Lair member He goes by Artsee1

I picked up one of his Front Facades with no Fore Arms Or lower legs because I loved the look of the chest abs and legs.
I have mine mounted on a wet suit that I am going to cover all the visible neoprene parts with latex and paint up.

Seeing as an AVP pred is so covered in armor virtually everything that is not his latex piece will be hidden anyway.
gaunts and shins cover fore arms and lower legs. Shoulder bells and Upper arm armor covers the transition on the upper arms.
and Thigh armor and Loin cloth cover all transitions on the legs and cover the entire backside.
the upper back is totally covered in chest armor and med kit and back strap.

I picked mine up on Ebay for $200 but that was a streak of luck. usually they run about $350

Here is a link to his website

http://artsee1.com/pageslinked/store%20backup.html

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
I love the fully body piece and that is exactly what I'm looking for, but not for $1,500 though not saying that he doesn't deserve that kind of pay for his brillaint work. You are lucky to have gotten it at that price @ $200 for the time that you got it. I guess I will have to sculpt one myself or lifecast a Mannequin with the same built in the future.

Thaden

Blooded
Hey Guys,

The full Muscle Costume,
Front Facade
and Front with no Fore Arms and Lower Leg are all sculpted and molded by a guy named Paul who is a Lair member He goes by Artsee1

I picked up one of his Front Facades with no Fore Arms Or lower legs because I loved the look of the chest abs and legs.
I have mine mounted on a wet suit that I am going to cover all the visible neoprene parts with latex and paint up.

Seeing as an AVP pred is so covered in armor virtually everything that is not his latex piece will be hidden anyway.
gaunts and shins cover fore arms and lower legs. Shoulder bells and Upper arm armor covers the transition on the upper arms.
and Thigh armor and Loin cloth cover all transitions on the legs and cover the entire backside.
the upper back is totally covered in chest armor and med kit and back strap.

I picked mine up on Ebay for $200 but that was a streak of luck. usually they run about $350

Here is a link to his website

http://artsee1.com/pageslinked/store%20backup.html
Vin do you have pics of yourself in Artsee's facade suit? I'd like to see them and see exactly how it fits with your entire costume because I'd be interested in picking up a facade for $300-500 if it has the proper look but $2,000 is rather steep.

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
Thank you very much Master Hobbs I was thinking and figureing out how to go about doing what Mav did, but I knew it might take a lot of clay, sculpting, and hardly any sleep to get the same look that I had originally posted. I never would have thought about foam it is still going to take a lot of work, but at least this way it is much better to visualize what you can do. I did not want to buy the Mr. I even with some modifying involved I would still look more like a padded balloon then anything. Not to say that the Mr. I tutorial is not useful I just like a more detailed look.
Thank you for the link again!!

Mannowar

Hunter
Like Chuck said, how much do you think latex skins cost? Generally $500 to $600. When you see $2000 to $3000, you're talking about a fully finished and ready to wear suit, not a raw skin. To pay $600 for a foamed lycra suit seems just a TAD BIT OVERPRICED to me, but that's just me...lol And just so you know, those foamed Artsee suits have a lot less mobility than the photos on his site would suggest. They'll pretty much stand up on their own. And, exactly how much mobility do you really need? I mean, most of us won't be doing acrobatics or climbing up buildings... For the most part, you'll be walking into a venue and posing for 3,000 photos with someone under each arm. When you hear guys talking about mobility, you need to get the image of Randy in "A Christmas Story" in the red snow suit out of your mind...lol It's not like you're walking around like the Michelin Man here.

As for the MR. I suits, there are some very nice ones on here. For example, scroll down to post #58 of this link:

MisserCraig AVP suit.

You'll likely invest $75 or so with shipping for a Deluxe MR. I suit... Figure $50 for a gal. of latex shipped. $35 for 5 rolls of QUALITY duct tape for a duct tape mannequin which will be necessary... $10 for cheap brushes to apply latex to body suit. So, you have about $170 invested, plus your time invested in the duct tape mannequin and the latexing. So, is your time invested worth the extra $300 to $400 you'd pay for a quality skin made by someone else.

Just thought maybe the cost breakdown might help you in your decision making process.

Guan Thwei

Elite Hunter
Financially it does help and I'm sure that I will figure something out when it comes time with some help from some of my AZ Predator friends in the neighborhood