NINJA PREDATOR

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
Greetings Yautja warriors.
Iam verry new in here so i would like to introduce my self.
My name is Tom and iam from Slovak Republic, in middle of EU.
Here nobody have predator costume or helmet of predator or whatsoever, i would verry like to change it, since im predator maniac, fan, and, oh well all of u knows what iam talking about.

Allright now costume i would like to create.
My idea or whole concept is prepared, now iam collecting informations and materials for the proccess.

NINJA PREDATOR is my idea, how the costume would looks like.
Iam talking about smaller type of predator, but verry fast, agile, deadly and sailent of course.
Im making some amateur movies and with this costume im planing to the the same, so i need to have big scale of movements in that costume.
So i could use some advice what kind of materials i should use for skin to be in good quality but also aloving to do moves that i want to do.
Also armor should be from hard but not too heavy material.
I have designed with help of my verry good mate grusderk a whole concept of this ninja predator, with armor, helmets and everything.

Soon i would share this concept with all yautja warrios in here, and ican say it is verry interesting.
Also i want to add some extra realism to this costume.
Except lasers, sound effect system, expendable blades, i want to add details like:

*steam coming out from dredd before taking down helmet
*mechanical jaw moving system - designed by grusderk, verry symple but effective

*pyro system for cannon - This would allove me to put small pyro rocket into predator cannon and launch it with electronical system from gauntled, of course in real time with sound effects. This is main detail, im working to findout how i would reload when iwould fire pyroRocket, also iam trying to find some small rockets that i could use, in that case i could attach some kind of magazine with those rockets.
I know this would be tricky, mainly the triggering system, but it would befun to create it.

*blood under skin in desired places-this is only for movie purpouse

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ALL IDEAS HOW TO ADD MORE REALISM TO THAT COSTUME.
THANKS ALOT

I would like to update my progress, stay sharp warriors, im looking forward to share my work.

Mannowar

Hunter
All sounds good in theory... but I don't think I'd want anything pyro related within 4 inches of my head... maybe it's just me, but that's just the way I roll...lol... but good luck... looking forward to seeing your progress.

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
All sounds good in theory... but I don't think I'd want anything pyro related within 4 inches of my head... maybe it's just me, but that's just the way I roll...lol... but good luck... looking forward to seeing your progress.
hey iam not worried man, because that side of head where would be shoulder cannon would be verry well protected.
Also shoulder cannon would "eat" fire coming from backside of mini rocket.
I think it would be pretty cool to target practice like this with 3 dot laser:)
But mainly i think that system i would use in movie, combinated with pc graphic.

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
Allright here is ninja predator concept.
Its my idea, drawed by my good mate grusderk from Mexico.
Any suggestions, critism, ideas i would really appreciate...

grusderk03.jpg

lastscan8.jpg

ninja.jpg

ninja2.jpg

roundhammer

Hunter
HW, sounds like a great project! Although I must say it looks like it will be a difficult road ahead in getting the items you need due to the area you live in.

Here are a few suggestions I have.

As for the body suit, you want something that will flex and bend allowing you to do Ninja type martial art moves, yes? I would suggest buying a body suit (made of Spandex or Lycra) and painting that using an airbrush. I would stay away from latex suits and body parts. The latex is very difficult to move around in to the degree you will need. A body suit should be light enough to let you move how you want, yet stay close to your skin.

For a pyro system for your shoulder cannon, do you have fireworks where you live? Here in the U.S. we have something called "bottle rockets". These are basicly sticks with a tiny explosive attached to the end. These bottle rockets can propell themselves a short distance before exploding, yet they are small enough that they won't destroy anything. Although they can leave a small bruise if you are hit directly by one.

You could insert one of these into the mouth of your cannon and light it's fuse. With some creative camera work, you can make it look like it's shooting a flaming projectile.

Last edited by a moderator:

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
HW, sounds like a great project! Although I must say it looks like it will be a difficult road ahead in getting the items you need due to the area you live in.

Here are a few suggestions I have.

As for the body suit, you want something that will flex and bend allowing you to do Ninja type martial art moves, yes? I would suggest buying a body suit (made of Spandex or Lycra) and painting that using an airbrush. I would stay away from latex suits and body parts. The latex is very difficult to move around in to the degree you will need. A body suit should be light enough to let you move how you want, yet stay close to your skin.

For a pyro system for your shoulder cannon, do you have fireworks where you live? Here in the U.S. we have something called "bottle rockets". These are basicly sticks with a tiny explosive attached to the end. These bottle rockets can propell themselves a short distance before exploding, yet they are small enough that they won't destroy anything. Although they can leave a small bruise if you are hit directly by one.

You could insert one of these into the mouth of your cannon and light it's fuse. With some creative camera work, you can make it look like it's shooting a flaming projectile.
Allright, first, thank you alot for your verry usefull reply,
Yes i was dealing with dilema what i would use instead latex and that kind stuff.
Spandex and lycra of course, and to this thing that perfectly copy shape of my body i would trimm muscles and then to paint them? i dont want to have just elastic jumpsuit with predator armor u know.
So the plan is good, to get elastic stuff like Spandex and Lycra, and then next process would be adding muscles, then painting and so on?
Im newbie in here, but im really handle, this is really ambitious project but i woudnt be alone in that.;
If my mate grusderk wouldnt be busy i need from him desired armor of ninja concept also helmet.

I would like to share the idea of this ninja helmet. As u can see my dear warriors, there are no two eye holes like predator helmets have.
Its something like have lot of cyber ninjas from japanese anime.
A helmet with long visor that goes from up to down. Just like in those draws.
I think it would be pretty original and cool looking for predator.
Now iam thinkin the color and look of armor about this pred ninja.

I was thinkin if the helmet could be all chromed, and visor jet black color.
Or the helmet in other color and visor would have chrome color, reflexive surface.
Also it needs to be harmonized with armor.
So can i have please some ideas about this. Cuz bout this importent part iam not really sure.

ABOUT PYRO SYSTEM...
Yes there is no problem to get pyro stuff any kind of this.
Problem we have with latex and that stuff in here.
I think there would be no problem when i would bring shoulder cannon and give him to best pyro team in my country.
I would say what i want from them , and i want it safely.
It could cost some fortune, but if i would invest, i wouldnt regred it.

Last edited by a moderator:

roundhammer

Hunter
Hell Warrior, sounds like you have the drive to see this project happen.

For the suit, I would recommend putting the muscles under the suit, not on top. If you place them on top, then you would have to add latex over the muscles to make them and the suit look like one piece. I think this would defeat the purpose of a cloth-only suit.

The hard part of having the muscles under the suit is keeping them in place while you move. You might have to get two suits.

One to put the muscles on, and one to wear over that. The top suit would have your Predator skin patternt painted on it.

You could just glue the muscles under one suit and keep it at that, but I would be worried that some of the glue you use to keep the muscles in place would leak through the cloth and create nasty "splotches" on the fabric which could be difficult to hide.

I posted in another thread of yours that I think you should add some tiny ele slits in your mask to help you see. I think you can do this easily without destroying the design you like.

kriker

Blooded
yes.. well.. firing rockets 10 cm from face DOES sound fun lol ^^ But as an alternative find someone with a really basic knowledge with video effects software and just film you self mimicking to fire a plasma bolt or something and then send the video to this person..

Using particles it would be pretty simple to make the appearence of shooting a blue plasma ball with a trail... I think ^^ *Will try out this theory myself later today*

Then just using editing soft just shove a sound effect over it... orrrr you can go with the shooting rockets out of your head and hoping to god they don't get stuck in the tube... lol ^^

arrgh I JUST NOTICED! lol ^^ My drawn design is pretty similar with the chest and shoulder pieces ^^ I immagine yours will look great in production so post some up when you have the time! =D

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
yes.. well.. firing rockets 10 cm from face DOES sound fun lol ^^ But as an alternative find someone with a really basic knowledge with video effects software and just film you self mimicking to fire a plasma bolt or something and then send the video to this person..

Using particles it would be pretty simple to make the appearence of shooting a blue plasma ball with a trail... I think ^^ *Will try out this theory myself later today*

Then just using editing soft just shove a sound effect over it... orrrr you can go with the shooting rockets out of your head and hoping to god they don't get stuck in the tube... lol ^^
arrgh I JUST NOTICED! lol ^^ My drawn design is pretty similar with the chest and shoulder pieces ^^ I immagine yours will look great in production so post some up when you have the time! =D
Hehe buddy, dont worry about my head.
The side of the helmet that would be near plasma caster would be from steel and would have protective plate implanted inside.
SO there are no worries about that;)
Im looking forward to post some pics soon.
Right now iam busy with trailer for my new horror movie.
See ya soon:)

archpred187

Unblooded
dude oh my gosh that idea is CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in a good way) I love the idea of the bottle rockets in the plasma caster. But one problem, bottle rockets shoot sparks everywhere when their fired. I know this because me and my friends made a rocket launcher with an old grind rail and whoever was holding it got their hands burnt so if you did use them sparks would shoot in your face. so unless they have a type i dont know about that may be dangerous to get in your eyes.

"The side of the helmet that would be near plasma caster would be from steel and would have protective plate implanted inside.
SO there are no worries about that;)"

wtf??????

**** dude.......yr gonna make a steel helmet? a rocket launching cannon? man what kinda gig you looking at wearing this costume for? **** you aint gonna gain many admirers for firing fireworks all over the place or setting yr dreads on fire......man id seriously think this through before you end up at your local accident and emergency with third degree burns.
have fun and make a costume but **** dude draw a line somewhere.........you aint gonna skin people too are ya?

archpred187

Unblooded
i would think of an altenative to bottlerockets, but i definately wouldnt can the idea completely. maybe you could launch m8os with a piece of elastic or something. im just spit ballin here but im sure you and grus could figure something out

"The side of the helmet that would be near plasma caster would be from steel and would have protective plate implanted inside.
SO there are no worries about that;)"

wtf??????

**** dude.......yr gonna make a steel helmet? a rocket launching cannon? man what kinda gig you looking at wearing this costume for? **** you aint gonna gain many admirers for firing fireworks all over the place or setting yr dreads on fire......man id seriously think this through before you end up at your local accident and emergency with third degree burns.
have fun and make a costume but **** dude draw a line somewhere.........you aint gonna skin people too are ya?
yea ghost in the shell is right ....... steel helmet HEAVY.....launching cannon ehm sounds good / cool but ehm that doesnt work to go outside :)
and whit skining ppl.... yall just make ur suit dirty :D
nice drawings :D
still u gotta think about launching cannons and stuff....
good luck whit building ur suit

daywalker

Blooded
Ok my Army training is kicking in ( Combat Engineer HOORAAAAH) Explosives ANYWHERE near the head= BAD IDEA!!!! Keep in mind if the rocket jams it will blow the cannon to heck and back. Here is an alternte idea strip down a camera for its flash components. Wire them into the plasma caster with a trigger in the hand. This way you can get the flash on film, and add in the bolt in editing.

Another idea use some compressed air to shoot a glowstick a couple of feet(think paintball). With creative filming you can cut out the hoses, or make one that uses a paintball markers co2 tank hidden in the back pack. Get some blue glowsticks, and use some copper fittings and barrel to make the guts of the plasma caster and your in business :)

PredalienKing

Unblooded
I love the concept pics. Very different predator, i have been thinking of a concept predator also something like a new biomech predator, i know that some of them have been drawn up, but something obviously individual. But yours should be wild man. Cant wait to see the build.