Oh no.. not MORE Hippie drawings

P

PredatoRob

Haha... YES!! I did these before I went on summer break. I was trying to visualize a helmet concept for the Hippie Predator. This attempt blended the P1 and P2 bios. The helmet is oversized so that it covers the crown on his head, and a few baby-dreds up front. The eyes on it look huge, but that's just because they're sunken into the helmet. I am still experimenting with his armor... Im starting to question the full P2 armor; even though at the end of the movie a few of the other Predators had identical armor to the Hero.

What'cha all think?

HippieWideShot2.jpg

HippieHelmetClose.jpg

HippieHelmet2.jpg

HippieTorso.jpg

HippieLowerTorso.jpg

MVC-518F.jpg

J

JAILER1955

Those are beautiful. I wish my drawings looked that good.

I also like the Hippie Helm. I would even like the idea of owning one sometime.

S

Savage Yautja

Dam Rob That's some gifted talent you have there. Fantastic attention to detail and getting things to scale. Also the shading and lighting are top notch. Must get Photo printer to print these for display... Gallery quality stuff man.
Excellent!

Y

Yautja lover

as usual, you never give yourself enough credit. but that's just the artist in ya talkin'. i think they are lovely, as everyone already said.

P

PredatrHuntr

I like your spot pattern and shading...love your style...

M

MEANGENE83

Damn dude. You needa post everything for everyone to see, i seen these before and wondered why u didnt post em.

keep it up.

P

PredatoRob

Hehe... oh it is a-comin'! Im currently working on the 2nd out of 7 "Samurai" Predators. There more or less sketches/studies I s'pose. Trying to get a general "feel" for the characters.

S

Savage Yautja

Rob you're going to have Stan Winston, Steve Wang and FOX coming to you for ideas and sketches for the next movie if you keep this up. You rule dude! BRAVO!

P

PredatoRob

Hehe... well I don't know about all that man, but thanks for the kind words!! They mean a lot to me.

C

Cassiopeia1979

I'd submit a couple actually.... storyboarding? heh.
Honestly, theyd take one look at those and design a pred to use in a movie... send one in and see what they'd do...

P

PredatoRob

Wow.... I've never thought about doing that. I guess I could just to see what they'd say about them.

Who would I send them to anyways? Hehe.

C

Cassiopeia1979

ummmmmmmmmmm.
hehe, to be honest i have NO clue about the industry. Send it to the costume designers?

T

tjm023

Hey Rob.

I was wondering if you have full shots of these guys to. I wanted to do the same thing Mike did but including these. If you don't mind ofcourse. Your artwork, your rules.

Thanks.

Tom.

P

PredatoRob

Tom-

The only other drawings that I have of the Hippie are these:

HippieupClose.jpg

HippieBoarClose.jpg

BrothersinArms.jpg

I do plan on doing more detailed full-figured drawings of him in the future. Those are the only ones I have for now.

Feel free to go ahead and do what Mike did.

Sorry about the horrible quality.

C

Cassiopeia1979

despite so called 'horrid quality' those are beautifully detailed... facial expressions especially...

M

MEANGENE83

I have one of his pieces on my wall above my monitor!

You cant beleive the detail in these pices when you see them in person.

When you look at the shading it doesnt look like shading or that it was done with a pencil it looks like its some kind of a picture taken with some weird camera.

Its so good it doesnt even look draw. You cannot identify a pencil mark ANYWHERE.

The best a man can get - ROB!
RobBoarSketch.jpg

btw - BOAR RULES - HIPPIE DRULES!!!!

P

PredatoRob

THANKS for that one, Gene. I had a pic of the drawing, but it was such bad quality that the Boar Predator looked like he had legs too tiny for his body. To this day that is probably in my top 3 of favorite drawings I've ever done. The helmet isn't so much accurate though; about the same time the REAL Boar helmet went up for auction, thus bringing more accurate reference pics to our disposal. It looks great Gene!!!

J

JediUsurper

Amazing work, truely amazing.

attention to detail looks astonishing.

very very nice.