Ok, Backer Rod...what is it?

C

CreatureKore7

I've read about using backer rod for dreadlocks. The process sounds easy enough. But I don't know what this product is, or wher it is commonly found. Lowes, Home Depot perhaps? Can someone post a picture of what this backer rod looks like before it is transformed into a dreadlock so's I can identify it? I've been bangin' me head against the wall brainstorming this whole dreadlock thing. Any help would be great!

K

KnightPred

umm u can look in sealant section.. It is called caulking used to fill the gaps in log cabins and stuff Mine is also called "Foam Filler for caulking".. ELders and experinced ppl plz add to this is I am worng on any level.. Sry spell check isnt working right now.

C

CreatureKore7

Thanks for the help. I'm headed to town today to see what turns up. i'll let y'all know.

P

pirkleations

Thanks S.Y. !!

I'm so there on gettiing me some Backer-rod action. Wait...that didn't come out the way I meant it.

DangerDavey/The Perk

C

CreatureKore7

Went to Home Depot. The biggest size they carried was 5/8 "...Not big enough. I'll have to shop around more.
Thanks for the help, people!

S

Savage Yautja

Why go to Home Depot? I gave you all the info on the above link, you can order it online and get in in a day or two.