Ok guys ive got pictures

nick1990

Unblooded
Ok guys i was just wondering how they painted this.

in this picture it looks like they used a rag over their thumb and rub/pressed the sliver in.
bscap044.jpg

And in these pictures it dosent rally look like they rubbed/pressed the sliver in.
bscap009.jpg

bscap033.jpg

bscap032.jpg

bscap035.jpg

What do you guys think the steps they used to make it look likee this. To me i think the wethering was done by airbrush. Im asking you guys these question because alot of you are pros at this. And ive got a bio on the way and i want it to look top notch.

G

Ok guys i was just wondering how they painted this.

in this picture it looks like they used a rag over their thumb and rub/pressed the sliver in.
bscap044.jpg

And in these pictures it dosent rally look like they rubbed/pressed the sliver in.
bscap009.jpg

bscap033.jpg

bscap032.jpg

bscap035.jpg

What do you guys think the steps they used to make it look likee this. To me i think the wethering was done by airbrush. Im asking you guys these question because alot of you are pros at this. And ive got a bio on the way and i want it to look top notch.

G

heres the skibby lowdown on exactly how to nail that effect.testors model master spray enamel(let thoroughly dry).next-alclaad chrome(lightly misted at 5-10 psi till desired effect.not too much or else must start over since effect of gloss enamel must shine through alclaad).next-moderately spray a matte fixative to seal the chromer.next- washes.take 2" flat brush and make a "soupy" consistency(adding heaps of water to the paint till milky consistency is achieved)of any acrlic paint(ceramcoat,liquitex,ect),using burnt umber and mars black and/or paynes grey(paynes makes it a lil subduement in the crevaces).make liberal passes ovoer the mask,let set for a few secs,the gently wipe(w/softest papertowel:bounty)till desired effect is achieved.this gives it a true "weathering" as opposed to common airbrushing.try it,and if u cant do it-send it to me and i'd be gald to do a freebie for ya!

supa troop

Blooded
i hope im right in saying this someone please correct me if im wrong................. with todays technology in film making a lot of the touching up is done in the cutting room.

Film Makers are able to take individual film cells and alter the look, colour of any props seen in the final cut.

to try and accurately replicate a movie prop these days right down to the finest detail would be very hard.

i hope that kind of makes sense.

The best we can do is to finish our props as near to the original props as we can and to be fair not a bad job is done by all

ragacin

Unblooded
They could have chromed it and then weathered it too, but that is unlikely. A foil rub may be also, but my bet lies with Alclad or some mettalizer paint.

Say how about some Celtic caps

Ice

Hunter
They could have chromed it and then weathered it too, but that is unlikely. A foil rub may be also, but my bet lies with Alclad or some mettalizer paint.

Say how about some Celtic caps
IMO, I don't think they used anything special other then the paints they rubbed on top of the helmets. By the looks of it, I think they are using krylon spray paints. You can get some very nice looks with those paints.

sp.jpg