Ok rookies...lets see where you at!*DONE! TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

keefer649

Alright, I know there are quite a few 1st timers out there that are working on suits for halloween. I myself have been workin like crazy on this thing all summer, and now feel that time is quickly running out! Some things I may try to do over, if time allows, since I have learned alot, and would surely do better second time around. Post some shots of where you are at!

158_5839.jpg

158_5842.jpg

158_5843.jpg

158_5844.jpg

158_5847.jpg

158_5848.jpg

158_5850.jpg

158_5851.jpg

158_5853.jpg

This is a combo of all sorts of methods I have learned, parts of buckets, foam sheets, foam mats....workin on the gaunts now, moreso the blades, then shin armour, and some fine tuning!

40 days to go!

158_5847.jpg

158_5848.jpg

158_5850.jpg

158_5851.jpg

158_5853.jpg

M

MEANGENE83

Not bad at all!!!

You get the NEWB of the year Greatest suit ever award!!!

All kidding aside i was surprised with ur results.
Your paint is very convincing!

Way to go.

K

keefer649

Thanx much! Its not lookin quite right the way its setup, all the blue hockey equipment underneath will be gone, its just there holding everything together for now...I hope to get some shots actually wearing it all this weekend....I hope!

J

josephchoi

what the hell did u make it out of??? damn it man it looks awesome!!

K

keefer649

bits and pieces of everything I learned from other posts on the board. Lots of research, and choices of which parts I could do the best with my limited skills and resources. The shoulder and arm armour is from buckets, the chest armour is from foam mats ( I want to do that part over if I have time, I know I could make it look much better if done again)...the rest is from foamies pretty much! Everything you see has been done already by someone else on the lair! If you need to know anything specific, just ask!

T

The Mortal Immortal

Now thats one sweet fing suit. That has got to be the best foamie bucket suit I have ever seen yet.

B

biohunter76

You're off to a good start Keefer. What did you use for the lenses on your bio? Looks great!

K

keefer649

Thanx guys! For the bio lens...i used this!

158_5854.jpg

Its a strip of window tint for cars, bought it at walmart in the automotive department. The tint film alone was far too flimsy to try and get it to work, so I stuck it to a piece of clear plastic that was somewhat more firm...cut from this container!

ca16445_1_enl.jpg

It worked well. So, I think it looked great, only downside, the tint is pretty dark, so vision thru the mask is not the greatest, but at least it looks good!

S

SeaHunterr

NICE!..I don't have any new suit pics yet...I'm waiting for the counter to get to 30 days, then I'll get started.

T

The Mortal Immortal

My suit for halloween is a corpse, so i don't think mine counts.

P

pirkleations

Keefer,

Your suit rocks so far!! Great job on it!!!

You should be very proud of that armor. Considering it is your first Predator costume, it stands proud with a lot of the primo suits seen here on the Lair.

~DangerDavey

K

kithunter

Great suit to be keefer .....righteous thread.

you should be proud of the work you've done.

MORE PREDATOR SUITS!!!!!!!!!!

Rookie of the year award goes to?................

Andrew

T

The Big Gunns

You've done a really nice job on your suit so far.. congrats! The only crituque I can say is to change your blades.. they look a little rough. I tried making a set of blades and wasn't at all happy with the way they turned out. Since then I buy all my blades from DrgnFyre4.

I hope you get everything done for Halloween!
~Mel

R

Round Hammer

That looks great! And you did it all by yourself too.
I'd sho mine, but it's all bits and pieces...nothing is put together. I have the armor painted, but I'm going to redo that.

K

keefer649

Thanx for all the comments! I actually got a good chuckle out of Mel's comment....the blades look a little "rough". You can say that again, and thanks for putting it kindly. It was a 1st attempt that failed miserably...I will definately be using something else..but lovin Shataan's blades! I plan on redoing the chest armour, time permitting, as it didnt turn out right, not quite proportionate/to scale. I am happy with pretty much everything else though, the shoulder/arm armour(thanx Alan!)and other bits. So where are the other newbs at? I cant possibly be the only rook out there with a suit on the go? And Mortal...your suit wouldnt count anyways...I hardly would consider you a rookie!

T

The Mortal Immortal

I only have two more months on my joining date then you. I feel that I'm still a newbie.

K

keefer649

lol, by noob/rookie I mean noob at making a costume, not how long you have been a member of the lair...your costuming skills are of professional grade, while mine are at a very novice level....this is my very first time ever making pretty much anything from scratch..I have always bought my costumes in the past. The Arts (making things with my own hands) were never a talent of mine. I wouldnt even attempt to do the things that you do...at least not at this time! Simply put, your work is way outta my league, and something you should be extremely proud of.
I know there are a bunch of lair members who are new at costuming, those that have been asking alot of questions over the last year, and just wanted to see where they are at with their first attempts. I am kinda surprised that no one else has thrown in their progress shots as of yet.

N

NibsFlibble

OMG! Someone actually READ the posts on how to do stuff? AWESOME! (just kidding!)

You did a fantastic job on your costume. A Pred suit is never finished. There are always going to be redo's and additions.

Can't wait for you to post pictures of you in the suit!

K

keefer649

OK! So I finally have tried the suit on.....so far, I am very happy with the looks of it. But...I have some huge 'fine tuning' to do to it....I cant see **** in it, and can not really move my arms all that well...but nothing that cant be fixed. I am also not wearing any muscle suit underneath, was too hot to do that today....plus I just wanted to see how everything went together. Next I have to finish the gaunts, do the shin armour, hands and feet, add the fishnet to the skin, and make everything somewhat comfortable! 37 Days to go!

july262006203.jpg

july262006207.jpg

july262006195.jpg

july262006210.jpg

july262006208.jpg

Any thing you see that could use some improvements/adjusting?? I think that it looks proportionate for the most part..once I get the muscle suit on, and te shin armour, it should look even better!