Okinawa Predators?

Boskar

Unblooded
Well, This is my first post on the site (That I can remember) So I'll go ahead and introduce myself. 

Name's Patrick though I absolutely Love the name Bo'Skar so I picked it here and it will be the name of my first costumed character which I plan on making over in Oki'. I'm getting stationed there due to military order's so I wont have alot of time on my hands if anyone is there but hey? Still worth it if someone is there or any conventions near there. 

To be blunt my plan consists of something with a end result like this..

She_Predator_Machiko_by_izabelcortez.jpg

Though alot less sexy >.> And male.

I was thinking of creating a tribal like human predator for some convention's possibly in Japan? I'm not a big Anime guy (Despise it), and I figured this would be something new over there, so why not? Now I found the following which I am going to use as tutorials.

-Tutorial
http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

Concept:
blog_avpwips_03.jpg
 ​
I'm going to go with a basic look for perhaps the shoulders and chest piece. Though more skin revealed for body paint (Scars, Ritual Markings, etc) I am trying to look through comics to find a more "Jungle" like approach for the armor though I find it will be difficult to do in a barracks where i am unable to use materials such as resin or castings. ​
 ​
For the weapon I was thinking of either the Combi-stick or a Glaive (Preferably). Once again trying to mimic the tribal look. But if, I cant do either of those I was thinking of a katana like weapon.​
 ​
The-predators-arsenal-20040813062934280.PNG
 ​
Here is one of the masks I was thinking of getting. ​
 ​
predator-tribal-mask.jpg
 ​
Mixing this mask removing the strap and replacing it with magnets (If I can) while having a ghille suit like hair thing.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Anyway.. As I said, Goin to Okinawa and looking for some friends up there​

Predlethe

Blooded
You appear to have put quite a bit of thought into it. Could be interesting to see how things turn out!
Be sure to post some progress pic's, and welcome to the Lair! (y)

Boskar

Unblooded
Thanks, and yea I'll try and keep my works posted. Though as I said it wont be anything impressive being my first and being unable to "Create" anything because of restrictions in the barracks, space, and time. 

Anyone know any good places to order from? 

Boskar

Unblooded
Update: ​
 ​
Here is the helmet I got since I cannot make my own. I'll probably edit it with paints and perhaps take a hammer to it (Not literally) To make like a "Battle Scar" place so you could see part of my face? Idk thats just an idea.. I also have to make it not "Generic" and make it something unique.​

$(KGrHqNHJ!0E-biHIF,nBPnWUOBOFw~~60_12.JPG
 ​
 ​
Was this a bad decision?​

wonko

Hunter
I (and a few others I know) have that bio and it's extremely small.  I'm a pretty small guy and it barely covers my face.  What are your plans for a mask behind it?  As far as ordering goes, that all depends on what you are ordering.  There's lots of good places to order from, but it depends on what you're looking for.

Brian

Boskar

Unblooded
Hopefully it fits, I'm a pretty small kid (Being 19) and around 5'7".

Worst case I can use it for concept. I decided to get it because well, the next step up was $350 non-painted and well. That's alot. The other mask I was looking at is more of a "Elder" mask and well, I'd rather not cause fits over that and I kind of talked my self out of the design. It comes in Aug 3rd ish. When it comes in I'll post pics and concept designs. I've never actually dedicated myself to a project to this degree before other than Renaissance Faire Costumes. (I was a barbarian) 

Anyway, I need to start drawing up concepts on my armor and gear. Here's a Basic checklist of what I think would be cool to be geared with:
-Wristblade
-Glaive (Possibly Telescopic combi-stick)
-Atleast One Shoulderpad
-A Half Chest piece (If one shoulderpad)
-Full chest (IF double shoulders)
-Fishnets (Not sure if it has a normal term or any use?)
-Boots / Shinpad 
-A Sort of Trophy

That should be just about it.

wonko

Hunter
Just a little friendly advice, in the future I would avoid purchasing much from Ebay until you know who is who, and what is what (lots of recast stuff and can be over priced).  There are lots of guys here on the lair that sell 1:1 scale bio helmets for $100.00-150.00 raw.  A 1:1 scale bio that will fit on a mask measures approximately 21" (tip of fins to "chin") by 13" side to side at it's widest point.  I measured the one I have (assuming it's the same as all the others that look identical to it) and it's 11" (tip of fins to "chin") by 8" side to side at it's widest point.  Also, the thing is cast super thick and pretty heavy for it's size, so you're gonna need some pretty heavy duty magnets if you choose to go that route.

Brian

P.S.  For comparison I'm about 5'6" lol.  Seems like everyone is taller than me.  :(  

wonko

Hunter
Check the market place, there's lots of guys selling there.  There's also a post with a link of who makes and offers what.  I bought my mask and bio from a member called Termokk.  He has 2 versions of both (a 2.0 and a 3.0).  I bought the 2.0 mask and bio because I am a smaller guy and the proportions suit me better than some of the bigger ones.  It's probably 10-15% smaller than the full size ones and is a fantastic mask.  

Brian

Boskar

Unblooded
Awesome, yea I'll have to check out armor and stuff. If this mask doesn't work I guess I'ma have to put down some money for a really good one? How much do they range from? For armor and weapons and all.

Boskar

Unblooded
Well, Finally got my mask from china and well It's alright in detail and such but well. Size... Way to small and doesn't even cover my chin. So back to finding masks..