Oni / Buhal'ra (Southeast Asian / Pacific) Yautja

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Isubomo, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

LOL XD

Unfortunately, it hasn't. Friend got really busy at his store (which is good), so was only able to send it 2 days ago..Hopefully, it would be waiting for me later and I can start making something this weekend! :D

Go Help out Dillon! And off my lawn! XD

LunaticNic likes this.
  2. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Care package arrived :D

The polyurethane resin worked better than I hoped! :D I was definitely using the wrong resin before, this stuff is cooler! So stoked!
    26Jan2017-progress.jpg

Little bit of bubbles, but it’s not really obvious and can easily fill it with bonds or something similar :D Definitely gonna use this set now! You can easily see the difference between the 2.

Airbrush didn’t come with compressor though ;P Paging M77, I’m taking you up on that offer :D

Cheers all!

Vebo1, OldPredVA, Jmen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Huntress

Huntress Blooded

That looks incredible

4. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Cheers Huntress!!! :D Progress has been a bit slow lately, but doing little bits here and there... should have something again pretty soon :D

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  5. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

:D "Pretty soon" =

eventually.-1.jpg

Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  6. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

1466790974165598085.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2017
    Isubomo and LunaticNic like this.
  7. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Oh, ho ho.. So it’s like that ey? Ya cheeky fellas! XD

Fine, It’s not much, but this is what I’ve done lately…since I’m STILL saving up for a compressor, I chose to focus on a different aspect of the build for now…Which, when I think about it, I kinda ok, nay, like it better than I’ll be doing all the painting later. So I’ll most likely finish the whole suit first (torso, legs, hands & feet) first before I even start painting them all together.
    03Feb2017-progress-a.jpg

03Feb2017-progress-b.jpg

Put the mandibles in temporarily using nail screws so I could make a more exact mould of the face for a better fitting Bio mask. Yes, had to ‘destroy’ the old one unfortunately, but I’m confident this is gonna work! I hope. ;P Got to spend an hour last night on it, need to melt more clay! Super WIP. Cheers!

Happy now? ;P

OldPredVA, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  8. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Yes!
    Can't wait to see more!

5OWd_f-maxage-0.gif

Isubomo likes this.
  9. Huntress

Huntress Blooded

Looks great...keep going!

10. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Nice nice nice)))

11. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Cheers guys and gal :D the mandibles doesn't 'close' around the mouth as much as I wanted to, but then, I also wanted the teeth underneath to show, so all in all, still very happy :D Hope to finish the biomask sculpt this weekend..hope..lol

12. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Hola, wasn’t able to do much bio wise over the weekend, but managed to ‘fill’ it all in, and currently in the process of ‘shaving’ off the excess clay…I’ve gone for a totally different approach with this version this time, and found myself going with the flow of it all, deducting more, rather than adding…for some reason, if the first bio took on an appearance of a simian even during the first few stages, this one sort of makes me want to scream “My life for Aiur!” ;P
    08Feb2017-progress.jpg

Still a long way to go though :D

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  13. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Yes, Executor!
    I actually based (am basing) pieces of Behemoths armor on Alarak :D Protoss Predators are the best Predators.

Jmen and Isubomo like this.
  14. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Highlord! :D I'll look forward to that Nic! :D

15. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Love it. Interesting shape you did. Always great to see step-by-step progress. Will wait for next. (y)

LunaticNic and Isubomo like this.
  16. NAVPRED

NAVPRED Unblooded

Great work, and fun to follow! Keep it up!!

17. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Just a quick update on the bio…No longer looking like a Protoss Highlord (which is a bit of a shame, but I can always scrape some of the details off after I cast this ;P), but loving it so far! :D
    13Feb2017-progress.jpg
    Almost there, just need to refine some details, next update will be the cast.. ONE Important question though…

When I conceptualised this build, I vowed I would not use any ‘tech’ of some kind (NO plasma cannon, no mechanised wrist blades, no laser targeting, no body mesh, no cloak, nothing to ‘dull’ a hunter’s senses or to make the hunt ‘easier’ ;P) to a degree. I know a Bio mask is a lot of things, one of which is a breathing apparatus as Predators breathe in 90% Methane. So in story, the bio mask atleast has a breathing thingy inside the mask. My question to all of you is, should I go with a wood finish, like most Southeast Asian Monster masks are made of, and what I had originally planned for, or a metal-y bio, or a wooden Bio, but with a smooth finish, like a Samurai Somen/Menpo?

See below, my inspirations when I designed my mask :) Cheers all!

Isu-Bio-Mask-Inspirations.jpg

MAULER666 and LunaticNic like this.
  18. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

It is a shame! But looking great! And as far as the "material" why not a blend of both? Accentuate certain areas in metal, and others in wood? (For example making the outer rim from the eyebrows up, and the lower "jaw" metal-y and the rest wood.)

Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  19. Great design on this build.
    Would like to see this bio painted in cooper with a heavy green oxidation, so it looks like a kind of marsh-wood.
    Just mystify the "tech" a bit, like on this comic-page. Also try to recycle some Indonesia tools for the blade gauntlet(s)?!
    For example: I love the blade-gauntlet on this Japanese Predator.

By the way: My 1st bio (2002) was carved in Bali.

p5_61 copy.jpg

SNB13811.JPG

DSCF0001o.JPG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  20. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Cheers Nic! I always love your ideas, will keep that in mind :)

Thanks for sharing Okami! I’ve started googling some marsh-wood images at your suggestion, will bank them of course and see what happens, but, after seeing your Wood carved Bio from Bali (Freakin’ awesome btw), I think I’m going with the smooth look, if anything, at the end, if I change my mind and stick with wood, I’ll just try to do a wood finish through the paint job. We’ll see…lol

Funny you mentioned the blade gauntlets..I’ve been sort of struggling on how I’ll do my version of the wrist blades ever since I thought of this concept, as I’ve decided to not go with any ‘tech’. Definitely no motors of any kind on my Predator. Then I remembered something from my heritage. Balisongs. Or more commonly known in the western world as butterfly knives.
    balisongs.jpg

The real challenge is effectively adapting how a Balisong would work as a wrist blade. Or if it would even work at all. But if it did…I’ll wet my pants… Imagine this, but on both wrists, bigger and my Predator flipping these blades open before he drives it into the guts of his enemies… :D

More videos on youtube, just search Balisong :) All you tinkerers out there, If you can help me adapt/turn the Balisong into wrist blades, I’ll give you all the credit, I just want to have one on my Pred! :D

Cheers and thanks!

21. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

I have few of them when i was a kid, my gramdpa made it of wood. I was the most danger kin in the block:lol::lol::lol:

LunaticNic and Isubomo like this.
  22. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Heehee, my uncle had one that I used to play with a lot too, lol.It's fun, but also quite dangerous, lol

:D I'm thinking the wrist gauntlet has to have a swivel somewhere, so you can flip the Wrist Balisong...more thoughts on that later, need to do more research!

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  23. Howabout an armored glove with blades on the fingers like Freddy Kruger?
    Concept blades like alphatech's looks very nice.

1t3a4j.jpg

Topknot's Blades.jpg

steamfreddy (7).JPG

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Isubomo, Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  24. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Can i steal this glove idea for my future FredDator concept?

25. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Depending on how the glove is done you could even implement the swivel on top of the first knuckle of each finger and thereby have some butterfly knife action.

Isubomo likes this.