Open and close Jaws mechanical System

ScottAS

Hunter
Very nice job. The face looks and works great. Look out for friggin Spiderman! That little bugger!

Last edited by a moderator:

carlart

Hunter
Yeah, a schematic and what powers the system (mouth or electric) would be great---looks good.
As for Spiderman, gotta go with the pred in that fight. I can see Spidey's foot coming off with a slash of the gauntlet blades as he goes to kick the pred in the face.

Bovine13

Hunter
Yeah, a schematic and what powers the system (mouth or electric) would be great---looks good.
As for Spiderman, gotta go with the pred in that fight. I can see Spidey's foot coming off with a slash of the gauntlet blades as he goes to kick the pred in the face.
A foot, then a hand, then a.....

Great work, I love simple designs and it's similar to what I was working on for a new creature design I'm working on. I too would love to see some form of schematics or at least a few more pics of the mechanism itself. But anyhoo nice work mate it's very effective

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
very cool, and well done for keeping ya cool with spidey, if heda swung a foot like that at me id punched him back into his websack.

like the above have said a breakdown of it and help would be much appreciated

Ruffkintoy

Hunter
Very nice! Love the video just needs some sound
Are the mandibles cable control using the jaw as the push/pull device? Love the whole costume, and the dreads move very well,what are you using for them?
Again,Nice job!

Had to come back to this after a while staring at the pic you posted. I really like the way you've got the lower jaw rigged to work both lower and upper mandibles to open simultaineously as I said simple but effective. What material did you use for the rigid jaw base, I've used thermoform plastics for some underskulls as well as fibre glass now that I know how to use fibre glass. Also did you use the foam for the entire head? I f so bravo mate very cool stuff indeed.

Awesome stuff. I loves this kind of costuming as it shows you don't have to spend heap of money to get something that looks great. Very nice work indeed I look forward to the other videos you'll post

carlart

Hunter
Grusderk---
I and others have asked you about posting a schematic/ diagram on how to build a functioning mandible system like yours in this thread. Could you please share that with us?
Thanks--
carlart

PREDORAN

Blooded
just like i said before man , you're the master . awesome pic´s grus . congratulation´s for make your costume reborn from his ashes.