Open face mask vs full pred mask

Discussion in 'General Predator Discussion' started by razor, Nov 15, 2016.

1. razor

razor Unblooded

Hello Hunters. I know the question has probably been asked and discussed before. What is the difference between the open pred mask and the full face Pred mask? I have seen a lot of Preds with the full mask, is the difference the open face you can wear the Bio and the full mask you can't wear the Bio?

2. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Hey,
    The open face (or "half mask") is simply to make it easier (or possible) to wear a bio helmet on the mask.

3. spgfx

spgfx Hunter

I can't speak for anyone else but the reasons made a 1/2 mask for my female build was totally comfort related. My daughters could not survive in a full face mask. The 1/2 mask allows for so much air flow, more comfort and the ability to eat and drink. These are also the reasons I'm working on a male 1/2 mask for myself.

There are full faced masks that accept a bio but most have the mandibles closed.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. razor

razor Unblooded

Thank you all! Is it hard to see out of the full mask?

5. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I wear a full face mask... vision is relatively normal if your head is positioned inside the mask correctly/firmly. I made the eyes big enough so I can see through pretty well however... you won't be able to see the rest of your body. I have to hold the mask and look down in order to see if anything has fallen off and so on. It can be a pain but I got use to it.

6. razor

razor Unblooded

I am use to wearing low to no vision helmets; Ironman, Mandalorian, Clonetrooper. I am use to no the whole not being able to really look down kind of thing, I also seem to have no neck :D. Most of the time my helmet hits my chest armor but then I have to try and bend at the waist to really look down for fallen parts or to make sure I am not about to run over the little kid that was just in my field of vision which happens a lot LOL. Although In mando armor it isn't so bad to bend forward but I also have to "Super Hero" turn to look around most times in almost all armor. How is the range of motion in a predsuit?