Opinion on new pred weapon :)

D

Don Jarr

Hi all

As mentioned in another post I was thinking of doing a custom pred hand held blade type weapon, and after a bit of scribbling and cutting of cardboard today came up with the picture below. Obviously a bit of imagination is needed at the mo, but I was basing it on the gauntlet blade sort of shape and design at the thinner end, and a larger version at the front. When done the blade would be quite thin, and tapered to a finer edge, and the four finger holes would be ergonomically shaped and a bit round the side for the thumb to grip on. (sort of P2 disc finger grip type idea.) I did however think after I had done it this thinner end might look better if it was based on the AVP-shrunken blade sort of design. Overall length is around 30 inches, and in working principle I was thinking along the lines of a sort of police batten, in terms of attack and defence movements. I have drawn in very basic hand and arm to show how it would be held, so you can also get the idea of the police baton influence.

Let me know what you think, as this is only stage one, and no doubt it will get changed a bit more before its done.

Don

blade1.jpg

I did also think in movie terms this could be quite a good compact weapon, as it could be a sort of hand size disc, that with a press of a button could extend round the hand at the front and towards the elbow at the back. So from small disc to large nasty looking blade. I’m in my own little dream world again

K

KnightPred

neat concept and orginal make sure u make it so u can flip it the other way to make it 2 weapons in one LOL post more pics when u get more done!

S

Shovel Face Sharky

That's a really cool idea. I'm assuming you're going to later the front serrations like the wristblades? Definitely want to see more pics as this project progresses

D

Don Jarr

I’ve actually been modifying it today a bit, from the idea I had of the compact shrunken type weapon. The long tail and front blade bits will be made to look like they extend from a central unit. So like the shrunken, it will have a compact hand unit with the blades to look as if they extend out. After all a predator wouldn’t want to carry a huge weapon around, but a small unit that extended would be far more like what they use.

The main hand bit would be along the lines of the P2 disc but shaped to match the finished weapon. The tail might have to change shape a bit so it matches the profile of an extending weapon. (It’s no good making a look good tail section that just doesn’t look like it would ever collapse into the hand unit.) Likewise with the front, I will make up a cardboard working model, to make sure every would fit if it really worked.

I started work on my plasma caster last night, so as soon as thats done, I will hopefully have enough plans to start on this.

Don

S

Shovel Face Sharky

Awesome. Be sure to keep us updates on the progress both with your cannon and with this weapon. I'm very interested in seeing how it'll turn out

J

JAILER1955

The idea is simple, yet truely predator. Combining a pred style blade design with the PR-24, a law enforcement baton.
COOL

George

Last edited by a moderator: