Opinions: Accuracy of Weaselfinger's Celtic helm

ragacin

Unblooded
Hi,
I recently aquired this helm and while it is very nice, there seems to bee a few differences I have seen in other's helmets. So what is the consensus?

Faken

Hunter
Hi,
I recently aquired this helm and while it is very nice, there seems to bee a few differences I have seen in other's helmets. So what is the consensus?
It's not too bad... KJ had made an upgrade pack for this bio that really helped bring it up to snuff.

ragacin

Unblooded
Here are a few pics BTW. I am going to replace the laser holders for something more screen accurate. And the lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:

kithunter

Elite Hunter
mike webb built his version of the celtic a few months before the release of AVP. he used the only existing pictures of the film, which was only a darkened image of the predator.

after the film came out Steve took a shot at it and made it more accurate to the film.

I think i managed to pick up like the second one he made before it was recasted. it's a very cool looking bio....

Shai tan

Hunter
I can`t use mine cause the area around the jaws are not wide enough. The only way to get the Bio onto Monsterrooms undermask is to compress the mask jaws every time. And the Bio jaw area sides are really thin= will break if stressed too much. This is prolly a good indication of it being a recast. The original had to have been bigger to accomodate a mask better.

I happen to have the last celtic Mike made before retiring the mold, thats what he told me anyway. And i think that this bio kicks ass, i did get the KJ upgrade kit for it without the hoses which was no problem for me. It is a pretty stout bio, ive accidentaly dropped mine three times and all that happened was small sections being busted out each time, but were easily fixed with some fiberglass resin. Just dont ask how i accidentally dropped it three times, the first i almost pissed myself and then realized it wasnt that bad. If i had to do it over again i would still get Mikes celtic, and still want to get Steves just for cool factor.
-joe

cyberpred

Hunter
You guys kill me.

Screen Accurate? Are you kidding. There is no way to be screen accurate unless you did it yourself.

Fan made props are so much cleaner than a screen accurate piece. Unless its a HERO piece that is. Wiesels is the nicest I have seen.

Remember alot of these guys did helmets when there was nothing out there. Its easy to modify someones existing work.

Cary

WarpedFX

Hunter
imo that bio captures the "essence" of the celtic bio. any pics of his NEW celtic that he did? the MORE accurate one as some may put it?

Halo Predator

Unblooded
Here's my Webb Celtic Bio...and my Predator wall. Sorry about the small view of the Celtic Variant, it's the best I could find now...;)

MVC-029X.jpg

With permission from Mike, I went ahead and did some minor mods to the facial design and shape. Basically I went with a wider flare at the back, hooded the cheek areas and reshaped the 'jawline' with bondo and copper putty. Went with mirrored green lenses and a weathered gold color. Added greeblies were basic plumbing nuts.

Again, many thanks for Mike for doing an awesome sculpt!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Halo Predator

Unblooded
Tim, ain't seen ya in a long time 'round these parts. Glad to see you're still around, bud!
carlart
Hi Carl,

Yup, it's been awhile. Can't help it, I missed you guys!

Stay safe,

Tim.

P.S. Carl, am posting up some help needed with repairs. Have a look if you can, thanks.

Hey Warpedfx, the KJ upgrade kit was basically a 8 piece kit, two new lower jaw things (they fit where the little nubs are in the circles) they were bigger and had more detail, two diff upper cheek things(right below the eyes) two lenses and screen, a redesigned laser holder, and chrome hoses. You can sort of make out the differences of the regular Weaslflinger verses the upgraded Weaslelfinger, which i have in my bodycount pics, the only thing i didnt get were the hoses. hope that helps--Joe