Opinions Wanted on Suit Construct

Bovine13

Hunter
I threaded off another discussion I was involved in. Do you guys prefer a one piece suit (top conected to bottom) or two seperate pieces (shirt and pants style)? I would like some personel feedback and thoughts from all who would like to share.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
I like the one piece suits better then the two piece ones. I wore a two piece one to comic con last year thinking it would be great if i had to go to the bathroom. Well the bottoms keep sliding down on me so I had to pull them up into place all the time. The one piece is sweet just sit down pull over the feet jump up and then its on. One zipper and fast and easy to get into and out. You can make any two piece suit into a one piece just by glue them on to a unitard.

Bovine13

Hunter
I have one of seahunters skin suits and its two pc. Should I connect the two halves once they are on the unitard, like seam em together or not worry about it? What type of glue works best to stick it to the unitard?

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Doing a similar thing in the next few weeks hopefully, ill be keeping an eye on ya to see how ya got on ehehe :)

Shai tan

Hunter
Well, I prefer 1 piece suits as well. Like many here, I took the idea of making a ducttape dummy of my body, put a black lycra suit on it, and then mod my skinsuit pieces to the dummy using RD-407 latex. Add to that a 20 inch heavy duty zipper down the back. If ya don`t have a ducttape dummy? Make 1. It is a great tool, really helps.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
If your going to attach them together, put the suit on and have someone mark where the pants and the top come together that fits your size. Take Dap Weldwood glue (walmart /harware store) and glue the lines together. Make sure to leave an inch if your cutting any off to glue too.

Moore3160

Hunter
My suit I got one of those back belts from ACE hardware sew velcro covering it. Then just super glue velcro to the inside of your suit. Then just wear the back belt and stick your suit were ever you want it and it will stay. The key is lots of velcro.
This way it acts like a one peace but it's ajustable and you can use the bathroom.
I came up with this years ago for my Sandtrooper suit it works so great I use it for all my costumes.

roundhammer

Hunter
I too asked this question not long ago and got some great ideas. MI also suggested then to make a one piece suit. I liked this idea but think it will be hard to suit myself up in. I decided on a two piece, and the bottom half will be held up by suspenders. The top part should have enough stuff hanging off the bottom of it that you won't be able to see underneath. If it does ride up, I plan on using velcro to stick the two together. Under this I plan to wear a two piece outfit similar to thermal underwear...minus the "thermal" part. Like a bodysuit or unitard. This will help the suit go on and off faster than if it were resting against my skin and hopefully do away with the talcum powder so many have mentioned they have to use to keep their suit from sticking to them.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Sounds like a cracking idea that, the idea of a one peice is tempting, but need a piss maybe alot more tempting when i actually need one.

ill try the velcro idea shortly myself.

inkmonster

Hunter
i have pne of pete manders 2 piece suits anbd am very happy with the design. its also helpe to have a 2 pc incase you ever sell it so its adjustable. he told me he just glues industrial strength velcro along the bottom edge of the torso. and then glue the other side of the velcro just under the belt line. thay come off and on pretty darn quick but wont have to worry about your pants falling down. he does the same on the back seam instead of installing a zipper.