OTF blade mechanism in the works.

Pestvic

Blooded
Just wanted everyone to see that it works. I'm turning the mech with a screw driver because I don't want a gear on bottom. Here is where the arm will sit so it has to be internal.

From what I read we can change the torque by making the gear bigger for the string. So I've been adjusting in cad and will hopefully get a working string soon haha. I'm also editing to make the moving parts lighter so I can use a lighter spring that will be easier on the string pull.
image.jpg

We'll keep trying! To bad Pete couldn't chime in :p.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for a print and my frustration to calm down, I designed this in about 30minutes. (Wolf mine coming soon!)
image.jpg

Just going to make the shell a little bit thicker for some room to carve the dimples into the shell.

Jmen

Hunter
Just wanted everyone to see that it works. I'm turning the mech with a screw driver because I don't want a gear on bottom. Here is where the arm will sit so it has to be internal.

From what I read we can change the torque by making the gear bigger for the string. So I've been adjusting in cad and will hopefully get a working string soon haha. I'm also editing to make the moving parts lighter so I can use a lighter spring that will be easier on the string pull.
View attachment 266817
We'll keep trying! To bad Pete couldn't chime in :p.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for a print and my frustration to calm down, I designed this in about 30minutes. (Wolf mine coming soon!)
View attachment 266818
Just going to make the shell a little bit thicker for some room to carve the dimples into the shell.
One of the best mechs i see. Love it. :cool:

Pestvic

Blooded
Thanks man! :) I wish I had access to more style springs, Spring steel, etc. I'm limited to the ones the hardware store has and its hard to get it to balance. But you guys give me motivation to finish it :)

Jmen

Hunter
Thanks man! :) I wish I had access to more style springs, Spring steel, etc. I'm limited to the ones the hardware store has and its hard to get it to balance. But you guys give me motivation to finish it :)
Its good, if its good))) Do you plan to sale your stl of mech and wolf mine?

Pestvic

Blooded
Its good, if its good))) Do you plan to sale your stl of mech and wolf mine?
Yeah I plan to list them on shapeways for a decent price :) maybe one option will be a package deal. I'm going to design his vial of blue goo and whip most likely. His plasma cannon will be the last challenge.

Jmen

Hunter
Yeah I plan to list them on shapeways for a decent price :) maybe one option will be a package deal. I'm going to design his vial of blue goo and whip most likely. His plasma cannon will be the last challenge.
I think i want all of it. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Nimri

Unblooded
Love your work!! Also I'm excited to hear about the whip, how would you make that? Would it be simply for show (meaning it cant unravel or actively move) or would you make it interactive?

Pestvic

Blooded
Love your work!! Also I'm excited to hear about the whip, how would you make that? Would it be simply for show (meaning it cant unravel or actively move) or would you make it interactive?
I plan to use a standard black whip you can buy at the costume store and then add slip on alien tail spikes to the whip like the move. Maybe even a handle shell. So it would definitely work :)

DaddyDachande

Unblooded
Wow! Looks like very smooth movement. I'm making mine out of the spring-loaded part of an umbrella, but it's nowhere near as fancy as this!

Pestvic

Blooded
So It's Been a while guys! Ive been busy with the costume, slowly getting it together. I had the wristblades working decent and have been designing the shells over it. but, After having it being used last Halloween the plastics wore down so resistance came back. I decided this time I needed a better solution. I'm going to design it using a linear guide rail and bearing. I'm Also adding a Small RS bearing to the center wheel so that resistance is gone as well! With luck ill be able to keep the size of the mech the same. I'll keep you guys posted! Sorry its taking so long. I'm still only so decent at CAD :p

Pestvic

Blooded
The blades should be on my channel! I made a walk through video on how I made them. I’m currently going to be making a CAD version of the blades. It’s all in the works trust me! Here’s a teaser of what’s next

Ritualhunter

Unblooded
So I got the mech to work and have the string setup, View attachment 266809But the tension on the string is way to high. It's almost to hard to pull. When you rotate the mech by itself to launch or retract, it only needs a little bit of movement. When I add the string it's to hard. :-/ I'll get it eventually!
So I got the mech to work and have the string setup, View attachment 266809But the tension on the string is way to high. It's almost to hard to pull. When you rotate the mech by itself to launch or retract, it only needs a little bit of movement. When I add the string it's to hard. :-/ I'll get it eventually!
That’s looks awesome I’d love to have something like that for my suit.