outlaws elder helmet project

O

outlawalien

ok ive started to do my own elder predator helmet
im using a pred 1 mask,and kit bashing it

at the mo ive added a bit of stuff to the mask ,cleaned it up a bit and put a under coat on it ,to see the pit holes

also this mask has no targeting system to it ,so i had to make my own ,out of milliput,which was not easy to say the least,any way heres the pics

predm02av.jpg

predm11rz.jpg

predm24fs.jpg

predm31ru.jpg

predm57uc.jpg

predm64ht.jpg

predm100xk.jpg

predm92ew.jpg

O

outlawalien

ive finished painting my predator elder helmet,ive gone for a pewter look ,i just love pewter and i think it gos well on the helmet, also im not going to varnish it,i dont see the point.
theres still some work to be done ,air lines need to be added and laser and visor

predm1002li.jpg

predm1030wm.jpg

predm1063nc.jpg

i put the visor today ,wire mesh painted black with black backing
also air lines have been put in ,they have had a wash but need more ageing

predm1104bp.jpg

predm1117rq.jpg

O

outlawalien

as you know acrylic and oils dont mix to well ,but if you wate for them to dry they can work well together

first i painted with a car grey primer
then after 2 days i used a black acrylic where i wanted shadow
then another 2 days after i used a silver rover grey car spray
then 1 day after i used a humbro oil base paint ,gun metal
and rubbed in with a tissue ,and this sticks to the acrylic black and makes it stand out .
then leave for a day or two and then sand and then more acrylic balck
tissued on to give it the worn affect ,pat it on lightly and then in the directions you want the effect to go,this takes time to get it right because the paint moves around very easy
than leave to dry for a couple of days
and this is such a hard wearing paint effect that it does not need a varnish

plus varnish would react bad to the oil and acrylic base

it takes time but it looks great and it looks like real pewter or something like that
another note:- this mask was from that guy on the church(ebay) ,the deluxe one.
and when you get it after wating weeks for it ,it does not come with the laser part ,you have to make one yourself .and its not easy to get it to scale.
it sould have been made in the resin cast

when i got my mask it says it was full size mask ,but dont be fooled
take a look at my icons mask on the left thats a full size mask

38cp.jpg

S

Shovel Face Sharky

Nice job! I really like all the extra lines and everything you put on. Very tasteful and not over done. Great paint job as well. I think it'll be using this method for mine.

P

pirkleations

Fantastic "re-model"!!! Could you do my living room like that?

DangerDavey

O

outlawalien

thank you for your nice comments on my mask, im looking for a proper elder mask , can some one help thanks

C

Cyrax

let's see... how to word this?
how's 'OMFG' work for everyone? Fantastic job on the predator lettering around the crest!

You'll have to pardon my n00bness, but what's it made out of, might i ask? fiberglass, perhaps?