own Predator clan :) finished apart from dreds/quills

A

alkalilake

What way is everyone going to paint this guy? Something P1-ish but not exactly a P1 is what I'm thinking.

J

JediUsurper

Mel any mask you get, you make look dangerous................
hang on you said you'd be dangerous

what i did when i painted mine the last 2 days waaaaas

SCREW IT UP hehe.

Went for P1 ish look, again not tried to copy exactly, this is my mask so ill paint it how i like

in process of fixing him now, mind you possibly shouldnt have painted when i hadnt slept for over 24 hrs.

no pics until after ive finished him

J

JediUsurper

Oh btw im using FW inks, anyone got a good mix to get a good base skin tone? (you know the OFF white colour )

ive tried several ( along with several other acrylic paints mixed in ( which is how the problem came about DOH! )

im running short on white now, so if anyone has a 1 drop of this and 1 drop of this mixed with 5 drops of white etc mix it would help to stop future wasteage on hands and feet i have ready to paint.

M

Maverick118

I used Translucent antelope brown for mine, just gave the base white coat a misting over with it and it came out quite nice. I alos fix the colours in layers too uisng a spray fixative to make sure they don't rub off if I brush against it.

J

JediUsurper

chrz Mav, i got some of that woohoo.

im flying along with painting at the moment, really enjoying it, and as i can make myself another if i screw it up again , its even more enjoyable hehe.

ill post what i get done, later on.

just gonna start the mouth.............

maybe after i have a coffe eh

J

JediUsurper

still nowhere near happy with this, but im enjoying it anyway.

i think ive got the basic colours for the mouth sorted, although they are showing up very pink in the photos, ( i think i may make it a whiteer pink anyway )
i used waterd down pinks with a cotton bud and a thin brush for the mouth.
Oh how the hell i do the veins? i remember someone sayin summin about a cocktail brush, whats the technique?

anyway pics below.
m3.jpg

m2.jpg

m1.jpg

M

Maverick118

Nice work Lee, like it like it. it looks the dogs danglies. As for veins use a fine sable paint brush or even a really thin marker. That should sort that out.

T

The Big Gunns

Like the work you're doing on the mask Lee. And I really like the fact that you didnt blast the mouth with solid pink.

Becareful with the inks and mixing them with acryilc paints. Ive been mixing an acrylic brown color with my yellow and it has been giving me cloggin problems. I think that since the inks are alcohol based they dont mix well with acrylics.

Im looking forward to your finished mask pics.
~Mel

M

Master Yoda 54

Hey Lee, Great work, seeing it painted reminds me of a wang mask. For the veins, i used a pointed toothpic on my last mask, i just dipped it in ink and started drawing. If you do this, be sure to wipe off any excess ink so it doesn't bulb on the tip of the toothpic and blotch in the mouth. Hope this helps dude.

Great job on the painting dude. PEACE

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

Small update, given up on the mouth with veins, for this attempt im not going to get much better.
ill add final pics when i get the quills on.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

thanks to all whove helped with this.

i bow to you all

M

Master Yoda 54

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THAT MASK IS THE BIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZ!!!!!! I absolutely love it man. You did an outstanding job on that. Much better than anything i can do. I see HUGE things comming from you in the VERY near future. I am amazed at how freakin awesome that mask looks when its painted up. OK, i need to sell my kidney so i can get one.

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

Oh btw i used FASKOLOR FASKOAT, its a lexan model car top coat
"resists against scratches chips and is flexible "

give it a go eh

S

SeaHunterr

Awesome Lee! That turned out great, one of my new favorite masks!

B

BurntKona

Faskolor Faskoat, eh? If it holds up, I think I may have to go looking.

Real nice paint-up. Looks great

P

PredatoRob

Way to go Lee!!! From start to finish. I really like it man, it looks great. I can't wait to see it with some dredlocks and some quills on it. Be sure to keep us updated.

I hope to see more stuff from you in the future.