P1 Stunt Bio-Helmet Cleanup

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Hahaha it's all good Art! Looks like you're having fun with it. I tell ya...I could work on 50 of those and not get tired of it. That design is just wicked.
 

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Alright... I have done all I am going to do with this helmet. It is now headed to Jason for final cleaup, the addition of detail, and paint.

While I cleaned up a number of small things, I focused mainly on the bridge between the eyes. I still believe the bridge was left intact on the screen used helmets, so I left it on mine as well, but trying to get that area to look nice was not fun at all. It probably comes off pretty crappy in pics because it is about 4 different colors, but I am actually pretty happpy with it and can't wait to see it all one color. Feel free to give me your thoughts.

predator_p1_stunt_bio_cleaup_final.jpg


predator_p1_stunt_bio_cleaup_final_bridge.jpg
 
Last edited:

roninpred

Elite Hunter
man it's going to look kick ass Art!
made the right choice to send it to "James" :unsure:
James: I know you'll blow it out of the water as usual. B)
 

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I am really excited about it! Right now I am just struggling with how to have Jason handle several of the details... it is going to be challenging, but having seen his other work, I think it is going to turn out amazingly well.
 

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
I love getting a delivery. And even more than that, I love it when there's a P1 Stunt inside:

IMG-20110516-00110.jpg


Art, you did a fantastic job on getting this puppy ready...so nice and smooth! PM coming your way so we can chat about what you want done...
 

TehEl1te

Blooded
Am I weird for thinking it actually looks really good like that? haha

Love the P1 stunt... cant wait to see what you do with it Jason!
 

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Jason and I have really been digging into this a bit and I am SUPER excited about the work he is doing! While I am completely frustrated by the lack of decent reference, I have the utmost confidence that Jason it taking the details in a great direction. He has a great base to work on and a lot of work to do, but I think the end result will be stunning.
 

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Thanks Art - its gonna be fun thats for sure! Brad and I ran into the same roadblock when we tried to look for reference pics of the laser shroud and hose assembly...there just aren't any clear pictures taken from the side. Oh well...I have enough here to at least work with and then with a bit of luck we might get it to look as screen used as possible.

Funny thing is that while I was working on my two, I thot to myself how fun it would be to try it a third time to change a couple things that I missed, so this is a great opportunity
 

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Had a bit more time to work on this. I cut out the hole for the laser/wiring:
Img_1994.jpg


Cut out some PVC pipe and then shaped it using a heat gun and a thick pair of leather gloves:
Img_2006.jpg


Added the Apoxie:
Img_2011.jpg


Img_2012.jpg


Next up: sanding the Apoxie
 

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
I don't think I could be more happy with what Jason is doing with this helmet. I definitely got the right guy for the job because this is a TOUGH build! Jason is showing the patience of a saint as we hammer through some really complex shapes on a piece that had VERY little reference!
 

Justin

Blooded
Wow, what a great read this thread has been...

I'm enthused about this piece just by reading up on what Art and Jay have been doing with it, and I've got nothing to do with it!

Awesome piece so far. I don't think it could've been handled by anyone better here on the lair.

Keep us posted!
 

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
The one thing that Art wanted was for this Bio to be as screen accurate as possible. If you look at the backside of the laser housing, you'll notice that its been completely removed. Art knew that the screen used Bio had a hole in the back to allow for the tri-laser assembly to slide in and out of there since it was attached to the head - not the Bio helmet. So although it looks odd without a teardrop shape or without the back closed off, it is more accurate to how the original one looked. Getting the shape of the laser shroud was difficult because there are very few clear pictures, but thanks to Art and the reference pics, I think we were able to get it as close as possible.

Working on the tri-hose assembly now...no pics yet, but hopefully tomorrow or Friday.
 

PredatrHuntr

Veteran Hunter
Art is a slave driver...workin me to the bone! Haha, just kidding - Art is awesome...he and I share the same meticulous eye for detail and I love it. Nuff jibba jabba - here is the left temple tri-hose assembly. There were very few clear shots, but I went with these photos:

Img_2381.jpg


I sculpted the shape with Sculpey:

Img_2380.jpg


Slowly and carefully dremeled out the fins:

Img_2388.jpg


Here's a quick pic of it sitting in the temple:

Img_2395.jpg
 
Top