P1 Stunt Bio-Helmet Cleanup

Discussion in 'Predator Props' started by Art Andrews, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Got the helmet in and I could sing all the praises I want, but a picture is indeed worth a thousand words and I think this picture says it all.
    predator_stunt_bio_mask_by_jason_nelson.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    LunaticNic likes this.
  2. 915stag51

915stag51 Blooded

The best P1 bio to date.

3. PredatrHuntr

PredatrHuntr Veteran Hunter

Thanks Art! It was fun to work on that with you. I'm super glad that you're happy with it. You take awesome photos too...really nice.

4. Art Andrews

I am VERY VERY happy with it... Now I need to figure out the laser assembly and the lenses and we will be done!

5. Ice

Ice Hunter

Look screen acurate very nice man, very nice. The amount of work you put in this shows. Impressive...

6. Art Andrews

Wow... hard to believe it was almost 8 years ago that I worked on a P1 helmet! How time flies. I was lucky enough to get another of George's castings (although the mold was in pretty rough shape by then. One of my biggest concerns has been the laser housing. I feel like it is not the same from helmet to helmet, which would make sense as it was added after the fact. I have seen many iterations of it, but never felt very confident in doing it myself. However, I lucked up and got in contact with someone who owns one of the original laser clusters used in P1. They let me borrow it and I molded a mesh housing roughly around it to get the shape I wanted. I then refined the shape a bit and have laid the first layer of fiberglass. Once that is done, I'll do a beauty-coat in bondo and glazing. Still a lot of work to go, but at the very least, I am finally starting!

Predator P1 Laser Housing.JPG

Predator P1 Laser Housing 1.JPG

Predator P1 Laser Housing 2.JPG

Predator P1 Laser Housing 3.JPG

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Wreav, LunaticNic and Red2 like this.