P2 Armor discussion. Join in...

Y

yautja clone

Yep...saw that posted about a year ago. It was claimed to be actually movie used piece, and it looks it.

I think its authentic. Thanks for the pics, I totally forgot about seeing that. Its in someone's collection,,, unfortunately,, not mine

T

The Mortal Immortal

I just check my files and it looks like a movie used armor set to me.

M

MEANGENE83

I truely hope it is. Becuase i plan on making that bad larry after the bro boar is done. And not out of flimsy latex.

Just think BOAR DETAIL on that P2 and having it accurate as that piece.

Anyone have anymore pics of it? Possibly the back?

T

The Mortal Immortal

I might have some pictures of the back I will post them up later when I find them.

S

seknewb

Sorry guys. Don't think so.

After comparing these 2 pics to photos of the original sculpts and castings that I've gotten from several good friends who worked on the originals, there are what appear to be noticeable differences. Granted, it might be the angle of the pics, but the left shoulder (his right) appears to have a very different dip toward the front as well as the individual segments being of different quantity and shape. As I said, it may just be the angle of the pics, but I would put $ on these being a fairly good fan made over original..

I'd love to post some of the pics so you can see specifically what I'm talking about, but unfortunately, we sign our lives away on non-disclosures and all of the pics we get fall under that as well.

------------------------

After looking at them some more, the neck on this piece also appears to be significantly wider than the originals.

T

The Big Gunns

It still a nice looking piece.. the aging looks very realistic.
~Mel

S

Savage Yautja

Those pics were posted years a go when the Lair first began. I know I saved them back then.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I thought this post need to be update with MeanGenes new picture finds.
pred2_armor_sm_15.jpg

pred2_armor_sm_16.jpg

pred2_armor_sm_18.jpg

pred2_armor_sm_19.jpg

pred2_armor_sm_20.jpg

P

pirkleations

I am loving the multiple "patina" tones on the armor!!!

~DangerDavey

K

kithunter

The pics that gene and Mi have posted........ i posted 2 years ago, the pieces belong to phil S, who is a major prop collector with a passion for this pred stuff.

he purchased them from someone who specializes in owning screen used pieces...trust me they are the real deal.

maybe it was used for one of the background preds and not one of the hero suits but it is screen used.

here are some additional pieces from his collection

Screen used COD piece
pred2_armor_sm_18.jpg

Screen used Spear
PIC00012.jpg

PIC00003.jpg

PIC00031.jpg

S

Savage Yautja

Scott, I believe some clarification is in order here.

The "new" pictures Gene posted are from my Predator DVD-ROM archive disc I sent to him recently. All of the pics posted I have in my Predator files under Arsenal/Body Armor.

I take it you got the disc ok then Gene?

M

MEANGENE83

Here is the thing mark.

I didnt post those pics, SCOTT did.

They are not on your cd.

I found them they are mine. I have always had them.

So basically are u trying to tell me i recasted ur photos?

S

Savage Yautja

Gene the P2 armour shots are on my disc under Props. Just thought the timing was a little too coincidental. If you had found pics to post from the dvd that you didn't have I just thought you would've metioned it. After all you did just get the 4 GB DVD-ROM of Predator achives I sent you right?
Usually the only time anyone contacts me is when they want something, otherwise nada.

M

MEANGENE83

Mark. My last post was entirely made to rev your engine.

Blow me - OK?
I got the pics from your freaken CD, OK? i linked them up in the chat and showed them to rob.

OBVIOUSLY scott saved em and posted them!

Here is the thing - YOU DONT OWN THE PICS!!! JUST CUZ U RIGHT CLICK---- THEN ----- SAVE TARGET AS... Doesnt mean that you get some special credit when they are posted.

NOONE CARES THEY WHERE ON YOUR CD, stop trying to advertise the cd so you can make a measley buck.

And for anyone who wants to buy this cd of his. DON'T cuz its got all our pics on there of our FACES. Which is extremely inappropriate and very stalkerish....

This whole thing u started is such a waste of time.

Keep it up and i will upload the entire cd to my FTP space.

How ya like DEM APPLES!!!??

S

Savage Yautja

After you were begging me to let you get a copy this is the childish behavior I get in return? You make such a ridiculous post just toi start some crap that doesn't belong here.
Pics of members were from a members photo thread. I thought it was cool to be able to put a face to the names of the people and their suits. Nothing more. They were posted freelyu by the people without coersion,
So you want to rev my engine? I don't go that way gene and if you want to start bullshit go elsewhere I wasn't looking for adolesent BS from you. Grow up already.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Does it really make a differents where these damn photos came from. To me if they came from the lair they stay on the lair. The only person that has rights to these photo is the guy that took them. Just because you have it on a disk give you no right them.