P2 bio rebuild (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'Predator Props' started by hez, Jul 5, 2008.

1. hez

hez Hunter

Well, I got a P2 bio from xhunterx, with the intention of using it to practice my P2 painting skills...however, when I got it, I saw that it was also an ideal opportunity to practice filling holes and so on! I thought I'd post some pics of where I started from, and where I am right now.

This is what I got:

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

So from there, I filled, sanded, filled again, and so on. This is what I ended up with:

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

Right now, a coat of metallic copper paint is drying on it, and it's shown up a few more little pinholes that I'd like to fill before going any further!

Still, it should look pretty decent when it's finished, what do you think so far?

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

2. one and only

one and only Hunter

Looks nice dude!

3. BANE

BANE Blooded

great job, the pix truly helped in showcasing the original to the filled, i like it, keep it up.

4. Usurper

Usurper Veteran Hunter

Looking good so far, i hated painting my P2, and sadly got nowhere near accurate, ill be watching this to see what you do

5. hez

hez Hunter

OK, so here's what I have right now...this is after a few coats of paint, a few washes and suchlike. I think it's a touch dark, but it kinda works. What do you all think, should I go back and lighten it? I still need to add LEDs and wire mesh for the eyes, but it's almost done!

I'm not a great photographer, but here's the same shot under natural light, and under flash:

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

And here's a few more:

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

6. one and only

one and only Hunter

Looks totally awesome dude!
    Looks like a completely different bio!

7. Jynx

Jynx Blooded

Looks wicked

8. Black Magic

Black Magic Unblooded

9. Garo

Garo Hunter

Bad Ass

10. Ice

Ice Hunter

Very nice paint up!!! I'll be redoing my P2 once im done with my P1.

11. hez

hez Hunter

I added the wire mesh for the eyes, and this thing is about done. I need to add LEDs, but cosmetically, it's finished. The photos aren't great (please ignore the junk around it), but what do you think?

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

12. Beautiful rebuild, Paul. Definitely one of the better P2's I've seen.

It's just nice to have you back into Predator stuff. This hobby really needs more people like you.

Fantastic.

13. punhulk

punhulk Hunter

Nice rebuild are you going to install lasers or leds on it to top it off?

14. carlart

carlart Hunter

Looks great. What do you think of adding in creases in the center of the brow (hero version) and lightly adding in some gold highlights? Does your bio have the lip under the chin?

15. Deno

Deno Unblooded

hello all i love it, looks much better very well done great work

16. hez

hez Hunter

Thanks all for the compliments. I enjoyed trying a few different methods of weathering on this bio, since it wasn't for anyone in particular and I could screw it up and start again if necessary.

Punhulk, yes, I'll be adding LEDs. I hate trying to get lasers set up right, so most of the time I just don't bother.

Carl, that's going to be my next task (on a different helmet). I wish there was still that great shot in the reference forum of the P2 hero helmet, but I guess I can work from the screencaps that are already there. Lack of info on the hero is going to be the challenge there. This one does not have the lip under the chin.

17. Uratz

Uratz Hunter

NIce Bio paintup man. Any back shots of behind the helmet?
    I'm in dire need of help on sticking the mesh on my own bio's.
    Thanks

18. hez

hez Hunter

Here ya go:

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

To stick the mesh, I first stuck it down using clay. Then I liberally applied some of the loctite gel superglue in a few spots, and left it to set. Once it sets, the mesh is firmly encased in a bubble of glue and I just peeled the clay off. Easy as pie!

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg