P2 disc finally done :)

D

Don Jarr

Hi all

After a lot of fiddling around to get it working, finally I have finished and airbrushed my first P2 disc. As the more eagled eyed amoung you will notice its not a perfect copy of the film used prop, but its close enough, and different enough that i can recognise it at a glance.

discdone11.jpg

discdone10.jpg

discdone12.jpg

discdone9.jpg

discdone1.jpg

discdone2.jpg

discdone3.jpg

discdone4.jpg

discdone5.jpg

discdone6.jpg

discdone7.jpg

discdone8.jpg

Don

ps, somebody will ask this, there is always one No the bits in the middle don't turn round, and No it doesn't light up

B

blk n blu dream

I definately like it, is the 'different' part the overlapping points? I'm not as eagle-eyed as everyone else obviously.. lol But I do like it. Nice job.

D

Don Jarr

Hi m8

no the points overlap on the film one, (special edition P2 dvd has great pictures,) its some of the minor details, that you can spot if you compare mine next to the film one.

Don

S

Savage Yautja

Don, fantastic job on the disc. Glad the pics I sent were of help to you Looks cooler than either of the two styles I presently have, lol. Nice color scheme too.

M

MAG7 Tiger Claw

As the more eagled eyed among you will notice its not a perfect copy of the film used prop, but its close enough, and different enough that i can recognize it at a glance.
Hot Damn Bro! Who gives a rats ass about total screen accuracy. Your disc LOOKS GREAT. I hope this pup is something we can all consider a stocking stuffer

TiGeR

A

acerhater

As i looked at the first pic I thought that would be real cool if it opened up and low and behold it does. I'm impressed, very nice. Are you considering making some as kits?

D

drgnfyre4

That is truly fantastic work. The craftmanship is tremendously clean and precise. I love it!

D

Don Jarr

Hi all

First off big thanks to Savage Yautja for coming to my aid with the pictures.

I have cast three so far, but as it takes a couple of days of spare time to assemble each one, I have only got one finished so far. They will only come finished, as some of the 12 bits it’s made up of need painting prior to assembly, and then each one has to be carefully assembled and checked so it opens and closes smoothly. Also if it’s assembled for someone to re-cast it, they need to break it to get it apart, where if it’s sold as a kit, it’s easy to re-cast the separate components.

If you want it just base coated in the coppery bronze colour to add you own weathering I can do that.

If anyone here wants one of the first three, as a Lair special they will be half price at £50 plus p&p. After that they will be £100. if your interested e-mail me, (not ezboard message, it doesn't show up new messages for some reason, so i forget to check it,) but it will be on a first come bases.

P&P in the UK is £4.00, via first class recorded. Standard Airmail to the US is £7.50. Any other place e-mail me and I will work it out.

Each one will only be sold when it’s finished and works ok. I do not take pre-production orders, I only sell actual ones I have finished.

Don

next to come Plasma caster

S

Savage Yautja

Put me down for one of these operational discs bro. Thanks for the photo credits too. Man I am stoked to be getting one of these jems!

OMG! Just looked at the pics again this is the closest to a screen used prop design that I think you'll get. It's the twin motor design he recreated seen in the movie vs the inarger central motor design on the slightly smaller disc done by many garage fans. This style was given to the brass at FOX from what I understand. Cary has more info on this as well as an accurate prop himsel.

S

Stealthunter1

Seeing that in your hand makes me realize how realy big KPH was. His hands are massive

D

Don Jarr

Stealthunter1 m8, I was watching the extras on the P2 disc and the guy showing the disc to the camera, says he can’t work it fully as his hand isn’t big to open it properly either. Your right he must have huge hands.

As for the three discs unless someone cancels they have all gone.

Don

B

BurntKona

Excellent work. Love the opening action.

*sniff* all gone (saves pennies for next time)

J

JAILER1955

When I saw the pictures, I was overwelmed. The curves and angles are perfect, smooth and graceful, the color was prime and fresh,showing off the detail, and the nails and cuticles, perfect. Oh yeah, the disc was pretty neat, too.

Looking great, wished you lived closer, I'd love to see your other work.