P2 painting technique

H

Hunterpred210

Would anyone be able to explain how one would get the aged bronze/gold effect on the Predator 2 Helmet and armor? Before i just go dive into this it would be nice to have an idea of how to create that color. You guys that have recreated the P2 please I need your help!
Thanks

S

streetjudge79

Very easy, go to Walmart, get yourself the antique gold paint kit in the paint department. If you want Copper, don't use that paint, but get copper paint from a hobby shop. The antique kit comes with this muddy looking paint that you paint on, then rub off with a towel, looks great when done.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
one way i tried it was painting all the armor black and a ssteve suggested cooper paint, i used tamiya cooper acrylic apint and just dry brushed the armor. one little bottle did my entire body armor

H

Hunterpred210

Thanks guys..so there is no airbrush work done at all just regular chip brushes and rubbing? I guess the airbrush is only used when painting the creatures body tones?

With this antique gold paint this is only used on the resin mask right...can it be painted on latex?

P

predator314

What type of paint can i use in my airbrush that will stick to the resin?

K

keith 1138

Would these paints be more in a hobby shop for painting plastic models?