Packing a suit

Bovine13

Hunter
Trying to get done for Comicon. How do you guys pack up and get your suits to the show. I am worried about damage to resin pieces, the latex sticking to itself or to packing materials. Any pointers?

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
You will want to bring a small predator first aide kit. (zap a gap, accelerator, bottle of baby powder, roll of leather tie, spray bottle and a towel) Find a very large luggage bag with wheels to roll your stuff in and out of the con. (after a show your suit will gain some weight and you will be tied so the large bag will help out alot) You want dust all the stuff lightly with baby powder before putting it into the bag. I carry my mask in on a foam head so as not to pull or rip out any dreads. (this will also allow you to cut in line and get in faster) When you get home make sure you take your suit out and wash it with water and let it air dry.

If you feel I did cover anything please post your questions.

Bovine13

Hunter
I should have been more specific in my question. I am flying from Houston to San Diego and need to pack it for a flight. Do you guys get ready in the Hotel or at the Con? Should I ship it or put it in the checked baggage on the plane. Ahhh!

roundhammer

Hunter
I've read elsewhere that people with costumes that are heavy/contain many parts often ship them ahead to their hotel.

Bovine13

Hunter
Certified delivery does seem safer. Do you get ready at the hotel or the con? I will be solo and dont think I can drive a car with a Pred suit on.

fantazar

Blooded
Certified delivery does seem safer. Do you get ready at the hotel or the con? I will be solo and dont think I can drive a car with a Pred suit on.
Aaaaaaaah but wouldn't that be so cool??
Imagine the amount of accidents you'd cause,

In todays headlines............

A massive traffic jam on the Freeway caused by sightings of an Alien, looking like that from the movie: PREDATOR, driving a car.

kriker

Blooded
running from what i've seen on a few videos... most people use the bathrooms to get changed.. or in the hall way leading to it.. however.. storing your case after you've taken your costume out might be tricky... as a predator walking through conventions looking like he's missing a flight with luggage in tow is a new look yet to be seen

roundhammer

Hunter
Would you be able to get a cab to take you to the con? At least then you don't have to try and drive...which I imagine would be very tricky to do in costume.

I'd also recommend taking a friend who can maybe help you suit up once you are at the con.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
We dress in the bathroom, The parking garage is a few block and you will work up a sweet trying to get there and you will have tons of people trying to stop you to take pictures.

kriker

Blooded
Comic Con is in february aint it?? ... TO THE GOOGLE.... mobile?

oh shut the hell up :p

Sorry for my inactiveness... exams are a bitch