Paint Scheme

headdragon

Blooded
Ok, I am getting ruffkin to make me a torso for my first suit then I think me, my wife,, and my best friend are going to start trying to get into making out own stuff cause we think it will be fun. Anyhow I was wondering what you gyus thought of a color scheme for my skin being that of a copperhead snake kinda. Ruffkin and I have been talking, since the suit is coming to me painted also cause I know nothing of that either, about what the color should be and this is the best I could come up with. Here are a couple of pics for the people that dont know what a copperhead looks like.

snake1.jpg

Copperhead2007.jpg

I decided to comeback and tell a little bit about why I chose this. I live in Louisianna and I wanted a skin color that reflected the bayou and things like that. I thought alligator but ruffkin is already doing one like that for himself I think so that wouldnt be cool. So any sugggestions would be great. Things that make you think Louisianna as far as colors and such to help me pick a color scheme. I mean I will make the final descision obvioulsy but I am always looking for inspiration.

Bovine13

Hunter
Myself, I like the earth tones. Its your suit and nothing is wrong here. Whatever you decide to go with is the right choice. I like it.

Squeeter

Blooded
I really like the idea of "regional" color schemes, mind you if I were do that I'd be painted all in white/blue cause winter's freekin COLD up here !! :D
I think you should go with it, originality is the way to go!!

Chancelor22

Hunter
Choose whatever you like the best. I have painted both my suits in non-traditional color schemes. But, I like being the oddball! :D

ta2pro

Hunter
i have chucks suit and am supposed to do a snake pattern for it.it was chucks suggestion since i did the alligator 4 him.

Mannowar

Hunter
Check out the Canebrake Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus atricaudatus). Little more rugged looking than a copperhead. Google search the latin sub-species (I believe that's the one for your area) and go to images. There are a lot of variations, but the Cane has always been my favorite of the vipers. Also, the corn snake (always reminds me of P2) has nice markings. And my favorite, which is not regional to you, is the gopher snake. The corn and gopher snakes aren't vipers but they have great markings. Can't wait to see your skin regardless of what you go with.

headdragon

Blooded
Check out the Canebrake Rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus atricaudatus). Little more rugged looking than a copperhead. Google search the latin sub-species (I believe that's the one for your area) and go to images. There are a lot of variations, but the Cane has always been my favorite of the vipers. Also, the corn snake (always reminds me of P2) has nice markings. And my favorite, which is not regional to you, is the gopher snake. The corn and gopher snakes aren't vipers but they have great markings. Can't wait to see your skin regardless of what you go with.
Yeah that one is pretty cool.

roninpred

Elite Hunter
don't mean to jack this tread but since we're talking snakes ..how many hunters here are in to reptiles and what do you have in your collections?

I have the following:
16 yr old female ball python (my first snake)

male red tail boa.

female spotted python

female black tail rattlesnake.

male black tail rattle snake

male sidewinder

x -mas tree het eyelash viper

female rough green snake.

tockay gecko

savannah monitor lizard.

I have downsized a lot but I think I have pics of most of the reptiles I ever owned let me know which ones you want pics of and I'll post them as soon as I get a chance

Mr Fett

Elite Hunter
As far as reptiles, we have a 16 month old female Corn Snake and 3 Crested Geckos (amongst the zoo), one of which is over the top end of the scale in weight and length compared to what Crested Geckos are supposed to be, and my wife thinks he's still growing.

roninpred

Elite Hunter
As far as reptiles, we have a 16 month old female Corn Snake and 3 Crested Geckos (amongst the zoo), one of which is over the top end of the scale in weight and length compared to what Crested Geckos are supposed to be, and my wife thinks he's still growing.
thanks for responding andy,cool I always liked those and the gargoyle geckos,what are you feeding your geckos?
I try to vary their diet mostly crcikets,superworms.fruit,baby food and once in a while the occasional mouse.

thanks for responding ,would love to see some pics
L.B.

Kimmy

Blooded
As far as a color/pattern for a Pred, I really like that Copperhead. I'm into earthtones. But like LB said, cornsnakes can have some crazy colors and patterns that would be cool too. In the end you have to go with what you like. :lol:

thanks for responding andy,cool I always liked those and the gargoyle geckos,what are you feeding your geckos?
I try to vary their diet mostly crcikets,superworms.fruit,baby food and once in a while the occasional mouse.

thanks for responding ,would love to see some pics
L.B.
Our Cresteds get the Sandfire Crested Gecko Diet and occasionally crickets. :D

Here's Raptor, our Crested Gecko who tops the scale at 70 grams and is 9 inches long. He's a freaking monster. :lol:
IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

His brother Nimrod. He's my average guy. Normal weight even with the missing tail.
IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

Baby Crested. She currently weighs in at 43 grams.
IMG_4831.jpg

IMG_2519.jpg

And our Cremesicle Cornsnake, Lucy.
IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

And those are my babies! :lol:

One day I'd love to have a Brazilian Rainbow, a Columbian Red Tail, and bearded dragons.

esdain

Blooded
i used ot have a pair of bearded dragons and a water dragon

just thought i would share that with you :D

Bovine13

Hunter
Nice babies you have there. I used to have a 10' Albino Burmese python, named Dorothy. I got her from a buddy named Oz. Original huh......... um yeah.

headdragon

Blooded
YEah I like the canbrake rattlesnake. I dunno tho it really depends on ruffkin too. LOL if he thinks he can do it.

also a question since we are the subject of reptiles as pets... Do they love on you like a dog does? I mean wouldnt seem like it but I dunno I never had one. lol, Silly question I know but I had to ask.

Ruffkintoy

Hunter
Reptiles I currently have are
12+ feet of Albino green burmese python
2 slider turtles
1 Florida snapper

I've cut way back, I use to have over 30 at any given time LOL. Some I had were
savannah monitors
ornate nile monitor
nile monitor
dumerils monitor
crocodile monitor
iguanas
bearded dragons
albino burmese
red tail boa
amazon tree boa
anoles
and many more LOL

and to answer the question
Do they love on you like a dog does? I mean wouldnt seem like it but I dunno I never had one. lol, Silly question I know but I had to ask.
I had a 4+ feet savannah monitor that would show affaection(at least it seemed that way) he would come lay with me and on me, my niece would read to him and he would come up to the glass where she was and would just sit there and listen to her and seemed to like it. I think certain ones if you spend alot of time with them can become like a regular pet but you always have to remember that like anything else it can get stressed and bite or freak out.