Painting a DB P2.. new pics.... pg.1

T

The Big Gunns

DrgnFyre sent me this mask as part of a pif. Ive been wanting to paint a P2 for some time.. so Im really looking forward to this.
~Mel

DBP21.jpg

M

Master Yoda 54

thats right mel, go ahead and show us your rediculous talent. LOL. PICS!!!!

KEITH

D

drgnfyre4

So far he is beautiful. LOL...cant wait to see the magic you work on this Mel!

T

The Big Gunns

I'v been playing around with the colors on the brow before I move forward with the whole head. I dont think my camera is picking up all of them.
~Mel

DBP22.jpg

P

pirkleations

Uh-oh....she's at it again. Creating magic with her airbrush!!

Even your experiments look rockin'!!!

DangerDavey

S

Savage Yautja

Not knocking your talent but as far as the colors go, isn't the rust and black P2 color scheme getting done a lot? Every paint job you've done has incredible depth and a true lifelike appearance. I'd love to see some new color combinations. So far we've has the DB rust recreation of the P2 suit, DB's Green P2, Art's Bliue metallic P2 and Derek's paint job of another one with yellow, rust and black as the predominant colors and Scott's P2.

I'm just suggesting the idea of some softer earth tones and other shades of browns and / or greens for example. Colors you'd normally find on reptiles. Larry Kidd opened up some new ideas with the Elder paint job and your Ancient One paint job is incredible and very alive. Subtlety layering colors on seems to look as more real than the movies. Just an idea.

D

drgnfyre4

Well part of the reason Mel is doing the classic P2 paint scheme is because she wanted to see how closely she could do it and largely because I really wanted one that was as close to accurate as possible. I have nothing against custom schemes but in my personal collection I stand firm that until I have screen accurate versions I dont like to start on customs. Pretty much the same reason I am starting with a P1 suit and then working my way to P2 then AVP then I will make a custom suit. Just the way I like to do things.

S

Savage Yautja

Thought froim the wording of the first post this was a PIF to Mel. Rock on.

S

STEVE0671

Looking Good Mel,, keep those pictures coming!
I know this is gunna to be good!

M

MoviesColin

I'm jealous! Haha. Looks really fantastic, I love the amount of detail in it.. It looks spot on..

D

drgnfyre4

Damn, I checked this thread when I was getting ready to go out and run errands... I come back and see this! WOW!!!

A

alkalilake

The depth of the paint is what's really standing out here I think. It looks like it's translucent. Awesome!

T

The Mortal Immortal

I see no cheese in those pictures Mel. Your skills are getting better as well. Painting on a 3d surface is no easy task