Painting AVP armor

majZippo

Unblooded
hi guys..this weekend when i get done pulling my cast of the leg sculpter.this will also be for rest of armor. But i need to know what kind of paint to use like acrylic ect...and if acrylic i need the name of the silver and ill also need to know what type of brush to use and maybe a tutorial on how to paint it because i want it perfect any help would be nice.

Here's a quick easy way to do it. Once it's prepped for paint, spray it with black plastidip spray for your base coat.
Then use a piece old towel and lightly brush the part with some bronze...any kind works, such as patio furniture paint, etc. go top to bottom for a good streaked effect.
Then lightly brush the silver (same, any kind or patio furniture paint works good) with the towel over the part, and you are done. You can even lightly dust it with some chrome paint for a more metalic look. :p I did these pieces the same way.
100_0898.jpg

carlart

Hunter
Patio furniture paint, Gene? Isn't that too rigid for flexible parts like the armor? Wouldn't the paint crack? I figured acrylic paint with some ProsAid would be the way to go, no?

Shai tan

Hunter
I followed Seas method to the letter, and it woks awesome. Nope. The paint doesn`t crack. Stays nice`n flexible.

Shai tan

Hunter
Here is what I used:

Black PlastiDip spray
DupliColor Bronze
PlastiKote Bumper Chrome.

Very happy with my results(thx muchly for the tutorial Gene!), altho I am not posting pics till a later date. :0)

I thought the same thing Carl...I left a test piece out in the weather for a few months, no cracking or fading...still looks great.

majZippo

Unblooded
howd u use plasti kote if its spray? i though best way to do it is use towel? or can u do same thing with plasi kote..where an i get plasti kote if u can?