Painting on Fun Foam- Would this Work?

P

Polygon

Hello,

I have a small technical question- I just finished building all of my armor out of fun foam and I was wondering if it would be possible to use a combination of: acrylics + rubber cement as an adhesive+ permawet as a sealant.

Thanks,
Poly

T

The Mortal Immortal

you can paint just acrylics on foam foam. You can seal it with clear plasti dip paint in a spray can.

M

Maverick118

You can paint fun foam with plain ol acrylics, but you'll still have the foam like texture on it. I use a latex acrylic mix to seal the foam before painting. Once done just seal as Scott says. Another way is to use PVA thinned down to seal it, but iut needs to be in very thin coats to give a really nice smooth finish with out any brush marks.

shoulderbell1.jpg

On this shoulder bell I used the latx mix, and used latex thickener to enable me to add a hammered metal type of texture to it by stippling the mix on liberally. Hope this helps out.

P

Polygon

Thanks Mortal & Maverick, I wasn't planning on using latex due to cost, but thank you for the clarification. I'll probably end up using acrylics and a spraycan sealant such as the plasti-dip.