parts for gauntlet animatronic

inkmonster

Hunter
does anyone know where you can buy one of those small gear rails or tracks that some of the members have used in there blade animatronics? i cant find them anywhere im not even shure what there called to seach them. going to also need a small dc motor with a gear on it that matches, and the small push switches. anyone who knows what there called of where to find them i would greatly appreciate it. see attached pics.

gearmotor.jpg

GE.jpg

GE1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bovine13

Hunter
Looks like a drawer slide to me. The motor with the gear you could use an RC car motor. They sell diffrernt gears for gear ratios and such. The buttons I have no idea, Im looking myself.

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah those are drawer slides thats not the part im looking for its the gear rail next to it. it does appear to be a rc car motor, but i cant seem to find the gear rail if thats even waht its called or the switches anywhere. ive seen people that get these parts in germany, canada, and england but cant seem to locate them in the U.S. and i know theres got to be a place i can buy them here.

inkmonster

Hunter
you did it thank you. the first link looks like they only have then in 2" lengths but they look like they have switches similar to the ones im looking for to. they other place you can get them in all different lengths and 3 different materials. now the next step is finding a good dc motor with the same gear ratio to match and with plenty of torque. i cant believe i could find any on ebay when i typed in gear rack. they have everything,lol. you would think i could get them at any electronics stores in the area too. well off to do more research.

Germanhunter

Blooded
Hey Dwayne,

the motors I used are not rc cars motors only to let you know. These rc cars motors are much to fast and if you use them you would have faster a crashed gear as you could look. BTW what did you do with the animatronic? You are the first one that called me that teeth of the rail and motorrail are broken. The switches are special SMD switches I got at an electronic shop. The first and 3rd. pic you showed are not from me only for information these are pics from a bad person which sold my animatronics and later his own recasts under the name Prop-Fiction and owes me still a lot of money. If you do not find the right switches let me know and i could sent you some in a special letter.

Greetings Guido

inkmonster

Hunter
hi guido ive been trying to reach you through email with no luck. well the animatronic suffered some damage thats why i need some parts no fault of yours. the switch i beleve burnt out from sweat but im not shure, as far as the gear rack and motor it was droped and suffered some damage to it, the shaft on the motor appears to be bent to so i may need a new motor with the gear to match. if you can point me in the right direction to find the parts or if you would sell me them it would be greatly appreciated.

Germanhunter

Blooded
Hey Dwayne,

I checked my stock and I have all parts you need in stock so no problem I could sent you all you need. I also sent you a PM so please check it and let me know.

Greetings Guido

Aquis Hydro

Blooded
What are those circuit-like things between the motor and the SMD switches? I've looked all over the net and cannot find any reference to them.