Perma-Wet Information Where / How

esdain

Blooded
well in reply to the liquitex medium gloss and varnish stuffs over here in the uk, success, works like a dream, cheap and is available from several sources

moviescolin

Blooded
Just so I understand, when I paint the latex, you just paint it first with your colors, and then seal it with Permawet/Plastidip/alternative?

Or does each coat of paint have to be sealed with it?

Ei luj

Hunter
I'm thinking of using permawet to seal acrylics on a bodysuit, I have Createx airbrush fabricpaint and Createx Transparent.... got my order in to Monstermakers today..

(edited previous post, 4 hrs sleep :) )

---
Ei'luj

djgs

Blooded
so could i use the 237ml to cover a full alien costume by ruffkin or should i get the 473ml size

Paintninja

Blooded
If I may, yes apint your latex with latex mask paint or acrylic mixed with Permawet 50/50 ( for better adhesion ).
Then seal it with Permawet, light to seal it, medium to make it look "sweaty" and heavy to make it look "wet" ie.
inner mouth on a mask.

I really can't speak for Liquitex never used it except to seal oil paintings in highschool.

Plastidip is only good to seal foam ie. foam armor, dreads, etc. The "clear" Plastidip drys
opaque, don't spray it on anything that you expect to see details in. Talking about having
the sunshine sucked outta your day when I found that out........DOH! Live and learn!

In the US and I would think internationally try, as Eiluj stated, www.monstermakers.com
They have EVERYTHING you could possibly need to make "your" monster a reality for the
novice to expert. And super fast shipping, 2 days from order to my door. If you aren't sure
how, they will teach you. Patience and leave no text unread.
Hope this helps someone, I'm available for tips.

Just so I understand, when I paint the latex, you just paint it first with your colors, and then seal it with Permawet/Plastidip/alternative?

Or does each coat of paint have to be sealed with it?

Lrplad

Unblooded
Hey Everyone

I'm kinda new to the site (although second joining) I had and worked on a kit a couple of years ago and am just getting another, that I think needs some work.. Im also just setting up my workshop again.

I remember I got some stuff from Monsteroom a couple of years ago (are they still about ?)

Hope someone can help, been farting around with flexible, durable clear varnishes for a few years and still struggle especially as Monster Makers wont supply the UK.

Can anyone help ??

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
LIQUITEX GLOSS MEDIUM AND VARNISH.

perfect for us in the UK.

Monsterroom is still about yes, and likewise Jay was kind enough to supply me a few years ago.

Lrplad

Unblooded
Thanks Userper can I ask what mix ratio for the liqitex & varnish ??

I've pm'd monsterroom for some help... I wondered what the shelf life for permawet.. I've found a big bottle but it's 2-3 years old.

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Name is USURPER.

and you do not mix it. it comes as is.

You can thin it with alittle warm water if you wish, for flowing through a airbrush abit easier. if i do that i use about 80-20 liquitex/water.

copyimitation

Unblooded
Hey guys, i'm new to the site. I found it while looking for a perma-wet recipe, but before stumbling upon this site, i found a recipe on another website that i wanted to share with everyone. It is just a 50/50 mix of casting latex and water-based polyurethane (satin/matte/gloss depending on your needs). You can thin it down a bit with isopropyl alcohol or even water so that it can be airbrushed. Water will take some of the shine out giving it a matte look. I hope this helps someone out. I am going to try this out today and compare it to my perma-wet.