Permawet problem?

A

acerhater

Does anyone have this problem? I am spraying the paintjob with permawet and I keep getting a white dusting that stayes white even after the rest of the permawet dries. Its kind of looks like pieces of lint but I believe its some of the permawet drying before it hits the latex. I have tried different tips, different pressures and different distances.

The only thing that works halfway decent is to spray balls to the wall right up next to the paintjob but then it lays on too thick of a layer (looks like I spread elmers white glue all over the paint untill it dries) and it seems like it dulls & darkens the colors to much for my taste when its that thick. Is this normal for this stuff? This is the first time I have used it so I just don't know.

T

The Mortal Immortal

If you are spraying it inside you will have the fog fall on it and that will cause it to look like that. When done spraying you need to remove it from the same room. I spray out side and don't have that problem any more.

A

acerhater

Thanks a heap Scott, yes I am spraying inside my garage. The garage door is open for ventalation and as its allmost allways windy up here in the high desert, the breeze usually swirls around in the garage. I will try moving it outside so that the overspray won't come back on it. Guess I will have to wait to permawet it untill the weekends so I can see what I am doing as its usually to late and dark by the time I get around to things during the week.

T

The Mortal Immortal

I live in the high desert as well and yes it does get pretty windy. Spray in the direction of the wind helps, never against hehe.