planning my first predator mask

A

alien hunt44

Hi guys, ive given it some thought and i wanna try and sculpt a pred mask.
now i need to know what to use to make it out of......
please help me decide.

P

PredatoRob

Hello, and welcome to the Hunters Lair! I will say, that first off I think it's kinda funny how you make it sound like that being from the UK is some kinda hinderance. However there are several artists here from the UK who are just marvelous!!! Mav for instance.

Anyways, yes, please keep your topic to one post. The only thing having more than one post on here will accomplish is to annoy other members.

There are many different types of clay to choose from, depending on your budget. Waterbased, or oilbased. Either one is just personal preference I think. I use oil-based myself because I don't have a lot of time to work on any specific piece. Oil based never dries out. Waterbased is more for those who are all about results right quick. Although it can dry out and crack, you have to keep it moist. From what I hear it's easy to work though.

M

Maverick118

Awwww Rob I'm welling up here man I wasn't bashing just trying to keep things a bit tidier, and wasn't too sure if he'd missed the answers in his last thread. Being in the UK I know we don't have all the wonderful goodies that are available over the pond. But if you look carefully, you can find things that are pretty close. Check out Monster Makers as Mel pointed out in you previous post the manual is invaluable and quite cheap really if you consider what's inside the PDF. As ROb points out the clays will be your main choice, if you're a novice go with waterbased clay, it's quick, easy to block out your shapes and if you keep it damp you can keep a sculpt going for quite a while. Adding glycerine to your water helps reduce the how swiftly the clay dries out.

A

alien hunt44

ive started it. yay it should be complete in a couple of weeks.

pics asap

T

The Big Gunns

Looking forward to seeing your progress. Be sure to take your time. I see too many people in some sort of race to finish a sculpt and the end result looks half assed.

~Mel

D

darkenism

that being said...im curious...i too am gearing up to sculpt a pred face.....how long does it take you guys? what about a bio mask?

thanks!

A

alien hunt44

Thanks everyone. it takes about a couple of weeks to a couple of months. depending on how good u want it.

thanks

il have the pics in an hour. it doesnt look anything like predator yet its just a basic head shape. made out of clay.

A

alien hunt44

The pics are rubish but you get the idea.

ive only just started it.

clay003.jpg

clay002.jpg

clay001.jpg